Ended Finance Officer
Department: Finance Department
Reports To: Senior Finance Officer
Location: Aden, Yemen
Through the Continued Recovery, Emergency Assistance, and Training Engagement in Yemen (CREATE Yemen) program, Global Communities aims to provide humanitarian assistance and early recovery need of vulnerable and conflict-affected populations in southern Yemen through a holistic approach to bolstering food security and livelihoods, improving water, sanitation, and hygiene (WASH) outcomes, and promoting economic opportunities in Aden, Lahj, and Dhale Governorates.
Objective 1: Improve household food security and livelihoods through the provision of agricultural inputs, including seeds, tools, and livestock;
Objective 2: Provide income generation opportunities for vulnerable households through market-driven vocational training, support to asset building groups, and cash-work-work opportunities; and Livestock
Objective 3: Improve community hygiene practices.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Finance Officer will support all accounting processes related to the project and will review input expenses into QuickBooks on a weekly basis. He/she will ensure that proper financial and programmatic documentation related to expenditures is submitted and filed. In particular he/she will: -
- Ensure controls, corrects and files vouchers.
- Manage daily accounting and book keeping transaction according to GC rules and regulations.
- Keeping & Review Files documents & maintaining archive according to GC filing system and backup data.
- Develops and controls the sub-ledgers for cash & bank.
- Prepares documents for audits.
- Assures registration of all new entries to the lease/equipments/agreements.
- Ensure all financial disbursements to staff/suppliers/vendors/implementing partner(s) and expenses made thereon properly recorded in Cash Book, Bank Book and subsidiaries.
- Ensures that all policies and procedures are in compliance with GC policies, procedures, and requirements.
- Maintains current knowledge of local government requirements related to financial matters as well as respect to contractual & legal requirements.
- Reviewing the data to Quick book Accounting Package and ensuring such expenses charge to respective cost centers.
- Preparing Bank & Cash reconciliation statement on monthly basis.
- Responsible for preparing the bank transfers/checks to Global Communities stakeholders.
- Responsible for reviewing all reports related to the transfers/ checks to Global Communities stakeholders.
- Strictly meet monthly reporting deadline.
- Ensure compliance with donor’s policies and procedures.
- Due to nature of organization’s activities, above mentioned tasks are indicative only and are subject to change. Others/additional tasks may be delegated to meet organization’s objectives.
- Perform any other task assigned by supervisor.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor degree in Financial or Accounting is required and a 1-2 years of relevant professional experience in a similar setting and capacity.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills and teamwork-oriented.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and organization skills.
- Very good in written and verbal English and Arabic is required. Must be able to read and interpret documents, and communicate with others as necessary to perform job duties effectively
- Very good in standard Microsoft Office package (Word, Excel, Outlook) and typing.
- Ability to travel as required within Yemen.
- Ability to work under pressure and manage personal stress levels.
Normal office environment, however, due to nature of activities and areas where we operate, you might have to work below normal/difficult working/travel/accommodation conditions. Able to work on a computer and operate a keyboard, for extended periods of time. Able to work out of office location, at times at odd hours.
From November 2018 until 31 March 2020.
- Application should consist of a one page cover letter and detailed resume or CV. Cover letter should include the applicant’s earliest date of availability. Resume or CV should include the applicant’s detailed work and educational history.
- Applications should be submitted to https://podio.com/webforms/21463955/1491567
- Applications submitted after 13th November, 2018 will not be considered. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.