Ended Administrative Officer
Job Title: Administrative Officer
Department: Human Resources and Administrative Department
Reports To: Human Resources and Administrative Coordinator
Location: Sana’a, Yemen
ABOUT GLOBAL COMMUNITIES
Global Communities is a global development organization committed to working in partnership with communities worldwide to bring about sustainable, impactful changes that improve the lives and livelihoods of the vulnerable. Development is not something we do for people; it is something we do with them. We believe that the people who understand their needs best are the people of the community itself. Global Communities’ Department of Humanitarian Assistance (HA) has developed a strategy for the organization’s response to the Yemen crisis, anchored in a field presence. Specifically, HA is responding directly in Yemen, intensifying Global Communities’ assistance to vulnerable Yemenis. Global Communities, with its more than 60-year experience in over 80 countries, has the commitment to be a strong part of humanitarian response to Yemen by building up the capacity of vulnerable groups and strengthening their resilience to improve their living conditions with a long-lasting, positive and community-based change.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Administrative Officer will be perform duties specified in particular as follows:
- The Administrative Officer will work closely with Logistics department to follow up all maintenance requests in order to maintain general maintenance of GC’s Offices and Guesthouse if any as per GC’s rules and regulations.
- Do weekly check to ensure that all types of needs, maintenance and services have been achieved appropriately on time.
- Ensure all appliances in use and other fixed assets are working in good condition and if not report that to Logistics Department.
- Prepare regular reports on expenses and office budgets.
- Ensure all bills of utilities for the GC’s office and Guesthouse paid on time.
- Greet visitors and present a positive image of GC; answer routine questions and provide a variety of information to include distributing bulletins, brochures and other project-related material
- Routinely re-order department supplies including ordering ID cards for new staff.
- Organize meetings and statutory events (e.g. Panels and Case Conferences), ensuring that appointments are realistically planned with regard to timing and venue; venue, catering and resources are booked appropriately; and preparing materials to support the event.
- Arrange travel and accommodations for local staff.
- Maintain an organization calendar and schedule appointments.
- Update office policies as needed.
- Develop and maintain up to date information about the service including on the intranet, internet, stationery and internal and external publications.
- Undertake general clerical and administrative tasks to support the service as required (e.g. post processes, photocopying, scanning.
- Submit and reconcile expense reports.
- Maintain Inventory register by working closely with the logistics department.
- Maintain timely and efficiently stocking of pantry items / equipment, stationery, kitchen and office / Guesthouse supplies (maintain stock register).
- Ensure efficient functioning of the administrative filing system for the GC’s offices and Guesthouse.
- Ensure updated mail/ phone directories / Lists and send to staff on monthly basis.
- Take accurate minutes of meetings once required within the department.
- Directly supervise the Administrative team, manage their schedules and ensure that every duty done on time and appropriately.
- Directly supervise support team (cleaners, cook…) with managing their schedules and ensure cleaning of GC’s office and Guesthouse premises.
- Due to the nature of the program’s activities, the above-mentioned tasks are indicative only and are subject to change. Others/additional tasks may be delegated to meet organization’s objectives.
- Perform other duties, as needed or requested by supervisor.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor degree is required and a 1-2 years of relevant professional experience in a similar setting and capacity.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills and teamwork-oriented.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and organization skills.
- Very good in written and verbal English and Arabic is required. Must be able to read and interpret documents, and communicate with others as necessary to perform job duties effectively
- Very good in standard Microsoft Office package (Word, Excel, Outlook) and typing.
- Ability to travel as required within Yemen.
- Ability to work under pressure and manage personal stress levels.
Normal office environment, however, due to nature of activities and areas where we operate, you might have to work below normal/difficult working/travel/accommodation conditions. Able to work on a computer and operate a keyboard, for extended periods of time. Able to work out of office location, at times at odd hours.
From November 2018 until 31 March 2020.
- Application should consist of a one page cover letter and detailed resume or CV. Cover letter should include the applicant’s earliest date of availability. Resume or CV should include the applicant’s detailed work and educational history.
- Applications should be submitted to https://podio.com/webforms/21463955/1491567
- Applications submitted after 13th November, 2018 will not be considered. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.