Ended HR and Administrative Coordinator
Job Title: Human Resources and Administrative Coordinator
Department: Human Resources and Administrative Department
Reports To: Human Resources and Administrative Manager
Location: Sana’a, Yemen
ABOUT GLOBAL COMMUNITIES
Global Communities is a global development organization committed to working in partnership with communities worldwide to bring about sustainable, impactful changes that improve the lives and livelihoods of the vulnerable. Development is not something we do for people; it is something we do with them. We believe that the people who understand their needs best are the people of the community itself. Global Communities’ Department of Humanitarian Assistance (HA) has developed a strategy for the organization’s response to the Yemen crisis, anchored in a field presence. Specifically, HA is responding directly in Yemen, intensifying Global Communities’ assistance to vulnerable Yemenis. Global Communities, with its more than 60-year experience in over 80 countries, has the commitment to be a strong part of humanitarian response to Yemen by building up the capacity of vulnerable groups and strengthening their resilience to improve their living conditions with a long-lasting, positive and community-based change.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Human Resources and Administrative Coordinator will be responsible for recruiting personnel, keeping personnel files updated, and will serve as a link between the employees and their benefits. He/she will also be responsible for new employee orientations, introduction and implementation of program HR systems and tools. In addition, he/she will oversee all aspects of administrative, information technology management and general support for the program. In particular, he/she will:
- Ensure up to date maintenance of Human Resource and Personnel files for all GC local staff.
- Ensure hiring practice in coordination with relevant supervisors.
- Supervise the entire process of the hiring, probation, evaluation, promotion and termination of staff.
- Provide updated orientation package and arrange presentation to all new staff.
- Work in conjunction with Line Managers to ensure that all staff is evaluated accurately.
- Ensure accurate staff database.
- Review the payroll sheet according to the time sheets and submitted to the Finance in a monthly basis,
- Review the annual and sick leaves for each staff on a monthly basis.
- Supervise the entire process of receiving the staff time sheets and submitting them to the Finance on a monthly basis.
- Ensure efficient functioning of the administrative filing system for the Yemen office.
- Ensure all updates and amendments in the Personnel Policy and HR manual.
- Ensure total conformity on all administrative policies and procedures as outlined in the Staff Personnel Policy.
- Ensure compliance with GC’s or/and donor’s policies and procedures.
- Coordinate closely with other program staff to ensure accuracy of the GC Field inventory database on daily basis and prepare documentation/reports for internal use and submission to Human Resources and Administrative Manager.
- Carry of all the duties and responsibility which will be signed by the Human Resources and Administrative Manager.
- Oversee/supervise all construction/ repair work at the GC Office building and guesthouse. Ensure all appliances in use including air-conditioning units, generator sets and other fixed assets are working and in good condition.
- Due to the nature of the program’s activities, the above-mentioned tasks are indicative only and are subject to change. Others/additional tasks may be delegated to meet programmatic objectives.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor degree is required and a 3-4 years of relevant professional experience in a similar setting and capacity.
or Master Degree is required and 1-2 years of relevant professional experience in a similar setting and capacity.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills and teamwork-oriented.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and organization skills.
- Fluency in written and verbal English and Arabic is required. Must be able to read and interpret documents, and communicate with others as necessary to perform job duties effectively
- Very good in standard Microsoft Office package (Word, Excel, Outlook) and typing.
- Ability to travel as required within Yemen.
- Ability to work under pressure and manage personal stress levels.
Normal office environment, however, due to nature of activities and areas where we operate, you might have to work below normal/difficult working/travel/accommodation conditions. Able to work on a computer and operate a keyboard, for extended periods of time. Able to work out of office location, at times at odd hours.
From November 2018 until 31 March 2020.
- Application should consist of a one page cover letter and detailed resume or CV. Cover letter should include the applicant’s earliest date of availability. Resume or CV should include the applicant’s detailed work and educational history.
- Applications should be submitted to https://podio.com/webforms/21463955/1491567
- Applications submitted after 13th November, 2018 will not be considered. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.