Ended Radio Operator
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF), is an International Humanitarian Organization providing medical aid to populations in distress, victims of natural and man made disasters and victims of armed conflict, regardless of race, religion and political believes. For more information, visit our Arabic website, www.msf-me.org
Médecins Sans Frontières France is looking for Yemeni nationals to recruit for the following position:
Location: Sana’a – Coordination office
Contract duration: One year renewable.
Contract type: Full time contract.
Reporting to: Logistics Manager.
Operating the VHF and HF radios, in accordance with the MSF security protocols and rules, in order to ensure quality and confidential radio communications for the operational needs of the mission/projects.
Main Job Duties:
- Ensuring that messages are well copied/passed to all people concerned and records the messages on the radio log book. Responding to radio contacts from other approved organizations and forwarding it on the information via this channel.
- Making radio contacts with reference bases (capital and/or field) according to communication rules / schedules and forwards all information to the Project/Capital Coordinator.
- Monitoring and registering any movement, of people, vehicles, airplanes and cargo, (departure, arrival, number of passengers, route taken, standard contact points) and informs line manager of any delays.
- Supervising and monitoring the VHF radio allocation book (handsets) and registering the loan of handsets to all staff, following it up on a regular basis.
- Installing, operating and performing preventive maintenance checks on assigned equipment, checking that the equipment is working properly and immediately informing the line manager of any damage/loss/theft. Maintaining the equipment, communications room and premises in clean and tidy conditions. Maintaining and supervising HF VHF batteries status in good maintenance conditions.
- Providing basic radio training when necessary to MSF staff.
- Follow up of all MSF OCP movement in North Yemen by mobile phone
- Make regular contact with the vehicle in movement inside cities, between project, explores and mobile clinics.
- Receive the movements request from all project, and prepare the movement plan every week and add all theio training when necessary to MSF staff additional movement
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Essential Secondary Education diploma is preferable.
- Previous working experience of two years as radio operator in related jobs.
- Essential knowledge on IT, office and internet.
- Arabic speaker, fluency in both written and spoken English is essential.
Applications must be in English language. Candidates should submit a Cover Letter and CV). Short listed candidates will be asked to provide original copies of diplomas, copies of relevant training and work certificates, and any recommendations from previous employers to the following:
Médecins sans Frontières France – Sana’a
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org The subject of the mail should be: Radio Operator
Deadline for application: 14th November 2018
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews. No face-to-face contact or phone contact will be considered. Any documents sent to MSF-F (CV, cover letter, copies of diploma, recommendations letters) will not be returned by MSF-F.