Ended MEAL Officer
JOB TITLE: MONITORING, EVALUATION, ACCOUNTABILITY AND LEARNING (MEAL) OFFICER
DIVISION / DEPARTMENT / LOCATION: Taiz (Turba), Yemen
JOB FAMILY: Programme
SALARY: As per salary scale
OXFAM PURPOSE: To work with Oxfam staff to find lasting solutions to poverty and suffering.
TEAM PURPOSE: To work with emergency response team for improved Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) in Turba, Yemen.
Oxfam is establishing its programmes emergency response programme in response to conflict and displacement in Taiz Governorate. The MEAL Officer will work with WASH and EFSL teams in Taiz in the design and implementation of monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning strategy and to monitor the extent to which the projects are meeting their intended objectives.
Post holder reports to: Program Manager – Turba
Matrix management to MEAL Coordinator, Sana’a, Yemen.
Staff reporting to this post:
- Work pattern is a mixture of proactive and project work.
- Required to make sound judgements regularly within agreed processes using a good understanding of the team and the abilities of the team.
- Communication largely with internal staff (including internationally) also with some external contacts/target audiences to support operational work.
- Communication with Oxfam’s scale up team in different locations.
- Assist the technical team for quality delivery of the programme, building accountability and documenting learning.
- Develop MEAL framework and MEAL Plan for Turba projects, working with the WASH and EFSL teams in Taiz implement MEAL framework and tools
- Lead MEAL exercises and supervise data management and analysis, ensuring quality data collection in the field and data entry in the database, and sharing analysis in appropriate forms with teams.
- Closely work with MEAL Coordinator in designing/updating the MEAL tools.
- Manage and supervise the work of Data Management Assistants and MEAL Assistants to effectively implement activities related to MEAL.
- Develop the capacity of field officers and partners in MEAL processes, providing training for technical teams on MEAL concepts and tools.
- Assist the technical team in strengthening the accountability mechanisms at project level.
- Guide technical team in documenting lessons learnt, collecting best practice and case studies which demonstrate qualitative and quantitative changes over the period. Including conducting reviews, learning events, surveys at project locations
- Participate in the process of data collection of various activities such as baseline, end line, post-distribution monitoring, market price monitoring, complaints/ feedback collection and any other monitoring data required.
- Contribute in timely and quality reporting on WASH and EFSL activities in Turba, producing clear and quality reports that demonstrate accountability and learning.
- Assist in appraising the project activities, progress reports and streamlining the partners’ work and documentation, facilitating capacity building process of the partners on MEAL issues.
- Delivering any other responsibility assigned by the line manager.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCE:
- Bachelor degree in social sciences from a recognised university.
- At least 3-5 years experience of work in emergency or development context projects with Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning skills.
- Good knowledge in Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning.
- Fluent written and spoken English and Arabic.
- Experience of working in a multicultural team.
- Excellent coordination skills.
- Strong commitment to gender equality and social justice.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proven knowledge of computerised systems; high degree of computer literacy and word processing and spreadsheet skills.
- Ability to work under pressure, ability to prioritize and commitment to meet deadlines.
- Experience in and the ability to train people.
- Commitment to the aims and objectives of Oxfam.
- Potential and flexibility of attitude to learn.
- Good sense of humour
Please Interested candidates are kindly requested to visit our website below for More details about post and apply through post application:
For External applicants:
For Internal applicants: