Ended Finance Officer
ZOA is a Netherlands based International NGO which offers RELIEF to people who are affected by conflict or natural disasters. ZOA wants to contribute to a new perspective of HOPE in which people work together for a promising future in dignity and mutual trust. Together with the affected communities, we work on their RECOVERY until they can take care of their livelihoods. ZOA has been operational in Yemen since 2012, mainly focusing on WASH and Food security & Livelihoods interventions in Sana’a, Hajjah, Hodeidah, Al Mahwit and Aden Governorates. ZOA Yemen is currently seeking for national qualified candidates for:
Finance officer Aden office – 1 position
The finance officer is responsible for accurate financial record keeping and administration based on the ZOA financial guidelines. The financial officer is responsible the processing of expenditures, payments and the undertaking of a range of financial reporting and administrative tasks. The officer operates in a team environment and will be expected to work with a high level of integrity and commitment.
Administer day-to-day finances, scrutinizes documentation for authenticity, accuracy, proper authorization and eligibility. Prepare payment vouchers after receipt of correct and complete supporting documents have been submitted
- Accurately record all transactions, prepare and post entries and reconcile with the ZOA Information System (ZIS).
- Maintain and update filing system for all payment vouchers and supporting documents.
- Responsible for petty cash management and ensuring that all financial regulations and policies are abided to.
- Responsible for an adequate follow up on work advances and being in line with ZOA’s accounting principles
- Carry out other finance, administrative and support duties as assigned by Area Manager.
- Alert the Area Manager and Finance Manager when financial and operational problems, issues, risks arise including fraud.
- Carry out other tasks assigned by the Area Manager, or finance manager with consideration of segregation of duties & Internal Control
Skills and competencies
- Minimum bachelor degree in a relevant field.
- At least 3 years work experience in mid-management administrative level.
- At least 12 months’ work experience with an International NGO.
- Fluency in English and Arabic.
Able to demonstrate knowledge of
- Accounting, data and administrative management practices and procedures.
- Computer skills and relevant office software packages (MS Office programs, email, accounting).
- Basic knowledge of project cycle management.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to work independently and take initiative.
- Willingness to be flexible with tasks and working hours.
- Judgment and problem solving.
- Planning and organizational skills related to work and time management.
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy.
- Willingness to learn and be trained and be challenged to grow.
- Willingness to teach and train others.
Start date: as soon as possible, contract until 31st of December 2019 with possibility for extension
Please send your cover letter and CV, together with 3 recent references in English with reference to the applied position to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please indicate the position and location the lin the Subject of the email and in the Cover Letter. Not adhering to this will lead automatically to disqualification.
Please mention your name in the uploading CV
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and only completed applications will be accepted
Deadline for application: 12th of November 2018