SOUL for Development is a national NGO, founded in February 1997, by a group of Yemeni professionals out of their desire to achieve a higher quality of life for Yemeni women and children, and contribute to the development process of the nation. Since its establishment it has implemented more than 50 programs and projects in health, nutrition, youth and NGOs capacity buildings, early childhood development, and relief for development. It is currently operating in Sana’a, Taiz and Dhamar governorates.
Job Title: Human Resources Manager.
Contract Type: Fixed-Term/Full Time.
Contract Duration: One year (renewable).
Start Date: As soon as possible.
The role of the Human Resources Manager is to organize, plan, develop, and control all operations related to personnel affairs, and providing administrative, logistics and human resources services to other units. This includes ensuring the availability of human resources and the proper use of fixed assets in the organization. The Human Resources Manager will also define the organization’s capacity building objectives and oversee all employees in the HR department, which includes performance management of HR employees.
- Develop job descriptions in terms of duties, authorities and qualifications of employees to achieve the objectives of the organization.
- Identify the human resources needs of the organization according to job requirements and in coordination with other departments in the organization.
- Plan and organize the selection and recruitment processes according to the requirements of each unit.
- Prepare and develop induction process for new employees during the probationary period and according to the work regulations.
- Develop models of contracts for staff and projects in accordance with the Yemeni laws.
- Ensure the annual and periodic performance evaluation processes is carried out in a timely manner.
- Prepare reports on annual performance evaluation and submit them to senior management.
- Prepare reports on performance evaluation of new employees in cooperation with the line manager of the employee during the probationary period.
- Prepare and analyze the turnover reports, explain the reasons that lead to its increase and propose solutions for each case.
- Assist the BDU in taking decisions regarding Admin, logistics and HR aspects during the proposal development process.
- Interview with the resigning employee on the reasons for leaving the job and prepare a special report for each case of resignation.
- Assess the level of performance of staff in human resources.
- Prepare training plans for all staff in the organization, and ensure that it’s carried out effectively.
- Update policies and procedures as needed.
- Review warnings regarding staff violations of labor policies issued by personnel in the organization and unit managers.
- Review the monthly payroll and submit to the ED for the final approval of the disbursement process.
- Oversee the management, proper order and use of the property, procurement and furniture of the Organization; supervise its maintenance and evaluation.
- Measure the level of job satisfaction in the organization and prepare the annual report on the outputs of the evaluation and ways to address the low level of job satisfaction to achieve a supportive environment for work.
- Submit proposals for awards and incentives systems for employees in accordance with clear terms and criteria to the Financial and Administrative Affairs Unit Manager for submission to senior management.
- Oversee preparation for internal and external meetings of the organization.
- Prepare and attend meetings of the Board.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Graduate degree preferably in Human Resources Management or equivalent with a minimum of three years professional experience in the same field.
Job Knowledge and Skills:
- Specialized training in Yemeni laws, compensation, organizational planning, organization development, employee relations, safety, training, and preventive labor relations, preferred.
- Proficiency with MS Office applications.
- Willing to undertake regular field visits to other governorates.
- Good analytical, and excellent oral communication, teamwork and people skills
- Strong leadership and problem solving skills.
- Attention to details and high level of accuracy.
- Excellent decision-making, strategic thinking and ethical conduct skills.
- Effective listening; verbal and writing communication skills.
- Strong command of both Arabic and English languages.
- Qualified candidates are invited to fill their information and submit their CVs in the below link:
- Applications with no detailed information within the specified Form will not be considered.
- Due to the urgency of this appointment, selection processes would be on a rolling basis.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Deadline for receiving applications is 21.11.2018