Ended Hygiene Promotion Officer
Hygiene Promotion Officer – Based in Taiz
Under the supervision of WASH Program Officer, the Hygiene Promotion Officer will be responsible to provide leadership and participate in hygiene promotion campaigns, prepare written material for the field, elaborate clear and adapted messages for beneficiaries.
He/She will participate in emergency preparedness activities and be ready to respond in the event of an emergency, as required..
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Development of hygiene promotion topics, hygiene sessions and IEC materials.
- Coordinate the work with natural leaders, community leaders, local and government representatives towards the success of CLTS in terms of validating the ODF status, abstaining from subsidy and related activities which is not supported by the CLTS approach.
- Assist the program Officer in design and implementation of activities related to hygiene promotion. In addition, provide necessary feedback to the WASH Engineers to design the WASH hardware interventions appropriately considering the social context.
- Write clearly and understandable message.
- Identifying the hygienic messages appropriate to the target population.
- Design & evaluate the necessary materials for the various campaigns/activities.
- With support from the WASH Programme Officer, develop, implement and monitor monthly activity plans to achieve expected results. This includes planning of activities, budgets including BVA review, Burn rate, forecast and procurement plan.
- Plan and implement hygiene promotion campaigns and child-to-child activities.
- Undertake need assessment of IDPs in camp and other vulnerable households.
- Design and distribute hygiene kits for IDPs families.
- Formation and training of phase or sector level committees for effective dissemination of the hygiene messages.
- Development of Training manuals and conducting trainings for community hygiene volunteers.
- Guide and organize public health assistants.
- Facilitate hygiene promotion sessions.
- Mobilize the community to change behavior regarding hygienic practices.
- Ensure the work is properly done and the material use wisely.
- Participate in hygiene campaign, doing shows in schools and at community level.
- Animate focus group, giving clear message on good hygiene practice.
- Coordinate with water supply and sanitation field staff to ensure that the various aspects of the WASH Program are integrated.
- Perform other work - related duties and responsibilities as may be assigned by the Line manager.
- Report the progress of the work to the supervisor on a weekly basis or daily basis if needed;
- Report possible problem or conflict during the activities.
- Data collection regarding the project and the potentials beneficiaries.
- Conduct a regular household assessment.
- Participate in Interagency Coordination forums at field office level, sharing information
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Education to BA level in Public Health or a related subject, or equivalent field experience
- Minimum 3 years of working experience, of which 2 years of working in WASH-related humanitarian programmes with special focus on Hygiene promotion.
- Previous experience of working effectively as part of a WASH project team
- Commitment to working through systems of community participation and accountability
- Knowledge of monitoring and evaluation
- Commitment to capacity building and developing others
- Ability to write clear and well-argued assessment and project reports
- Excellent communication skills
- A high level of written and spoken English and Arabic
- The capacity and willingness to be extremely flexible and accommodating in difficult and sometimes insecure working circumstances.
- Commitment to the aims and principles of SCI. In particular, a good understanding of the SCI mandate and child focus and an ability to ensure this continues to underpin our support
- Experience or knowledge of working and living in relevant regions/contexts
- Humanitarian programming experience
We are looking for both men and women from Yemen with enthusiasm and commitment to improve the protection and promotion of the rights of all children in Yemen.
All applicants will be subject to Save the Children’s Child safe guarding Policy and Reference Checking Process.
Interested candidates should apply through link Bellow
The deadline for receiving applications is 14/11/2018
Please put “Hygiene Promotion Officer” as the subject line of the email.
Note: please send with your CV the reference Request form which you could down load it form the link bellow: