Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning Coordinator
Duration: fixed Term
Number of Opening: 1
Locations; Sana’a (60% Field Visits to different Locations)
References: MEALC_ SN2018
The main purpose of this role is to provide technical support on programme design / projects Results, programme quality and accountability of IRY work; to bring immediate and lasting changes in the lives of communities.
The MEAL Coordinator will strengthen the MEAL system, ensuring it is institutionalized, and that staff have the capacity required to implement it. S/he will ensure that all projects in the country, are regularly monitored for their effectiveness and appropriateness and that results / lessons are documented and communicated to inform on-going implementation and future programming. S/he will guide teams in achieving outcome/impact focused projects and accountability to beneficiaries in line with Islamic Relief and donors’ policies and practices.
The MEAL Coordinator will facilitate building capacities of staff for accountability and participation, with a specific focus on the beneficiaries. In summary, the MEAL Coordinator will be responsible to make sure that country management and program management is properly informed:
- to the extent to which our interventions are affecting the lives of the targeted populations;
- have evidence-based knowledge on the positive and negative impact that our interventions are having over the communities where Islamic Relief Yemen works;
- receives regular, timely and context-specific, meaningful feedback from our staff, partners, programme participants and that feedback effectively informs and signals areas where strategic attention is required.
Have very effective MEAL system
Monitoring and Evaluation
- Ensure that the organization delivers on all internal and external MEAL requirements in a timely manner and with high quality information.
- Strengthen the MEAL systems and processes to assure achievement and progress towards project objectives and outcomes.
- Support the development of projects outcome and learning indicators for Results frameworks, Log frames and other purposes.
- Ensure that data collection methodologies used at field level are standardized, enabling the specific vulnerabilities of different target groups to be captured and analyzed.
- Ensure that verifiable, quantitative data is routine collected and analyzed for Islamic Relief Yemen projects, across all operational sectors.
- Support project teams with assessment/evaluation planning, ensuring that minimum criteria for quality evaluations are integrated into design and implementation.
- Ensure that all assessment/evaluation reports meet the Islamic Relief Worldwide quality criteria, and promote the integration of recommendations and lessons learnt in project planning and future programming.
- Provide leadership in programme and project reviews- project specific, Quarterly review, Mid-year and Annual Reviews
- Application of technology to Monitoring and Evaluation, including ICT4D
Accountability & Learning
- Supervise proper and comprehensive Complaints Response Mechanism (CRM) for program where each complainant is properly listened and responded
- Ensure that all staff at all levels, including senior managers fully understand and promote accountability in general.
- Contribute to improvements in existing policies and procedures to enhance effective accountability mechanisms.
- Ensure that all programmes are designed and implemented in accordance with international standards (such as but not limited to CHS) and National standards.
- Develop and report against accountability and participation-related indicators and issues, and produce an annual report on the accountability and participation work.
- Responsible for preparation of periodic, midterm and final reports of the projects.
- Ensure that participation activities are well documented and learning is shared with Islamic Relief Yemen programme, and Islamic Relief Worldwide.
- Ensure that participation activities are appropriately planned and budgeted for in programme design and funding applications.
- Incorporate learnings from each project in designing new projects
- By facilitating information sharing with key stakeholders, including beneficiaries, ensure that Islamic Relief Yemen promotes transparency throughout all stages of implementation.
- Ensure that project activities are designed to promote feedback and response mechanisms and include systems to effectively manage complaints.
- Ensure that activities are carried out to raise awareness of prevention of sexual exploitation and abuse and handling of serious complaints including child abuse.
- Support the documentation of program learnings and presentations, etc).
- Participate in designing and implementation of studies, assessments and learning in coordination and cooperation with sectors’ technical coordinators and programme staff.
- Lead assessment studies and incorporate needs assessments in program design
- Keep management updated about needs of the communities and suggest priorities for IRY to help communities in need
- Participate in respective cluster meetings to learn from other actors as well as share experiences
- Lead documentation and publication of Annual reports for sharing
- Ensure appropriate staffing within the MEAL team.
- Provide leadership, motivation, guidance and technical support to the MEAL team.
- Provide technical supervision of the field-based MEAL staff through regular contact, field visits and meetings.
- Identify training needs of staff and conduct trainings to address the capacity gaps, in collaboration with their line-manager (the field manager of their duty station) and the human resources department.
- Contribute to performance management of staff within the MEAL team, in cooperation and collaboration with their line-manager and the human resources department through: - effective use of the performance management system (establish clear objectives, on-going feedback, periodic reviews and fair and unbiased evaluations); - coaching, mentoring and other development opportunities; - recognition and rewards for outstanding performance; - documentation of unsatisfactory performances with appropriate tools.
- Enhance technical quality of programme and project design through continuous trainings and reviews
- Examine programme implementation and assess possible improvements based on lessons learned, best practices, technical advances, etc.
- Support the development of tools/methodologies to enhance program quality.
- Provide leadership in developing and sustaining MEAL strategy, and Programme Information Management System (PIMS).
- Develop and maintain updated reporting matrix/plan for the programme and donor reports
- Ensure that all Islamic Relief Yemen internal reporting and donor requirements are met with timely, relevant, triangulated and well data validated.
- Ensure that monthly program reports are consolidated and shared with management.
Interested and qualified Candidates are requested to Click Here .
All applications must include the vacancy reference number in the subject line.
Only Short –listed candidates will be contacted.