Ended Final Evaluation Consultant
Position: Final Evaluation Consultant
Reports to: MEAL Manager
Duration: Till November 31, 2018 (15 Days)
ABOUT RI: Established in 1990, Relief International (RI) is a leading global humanitarian, nonprofit organization committed to transforming adversity into renewal for the world’s most vulnerable populations. By partnering with communities on the front-lines, RI innovatively bridges the gap between immediate relief and long-term community development, providing them the tools and support they need to gain self-reliance.
End-of-project evaluation to assess impact and performance of the ECHO-funded project named ‘Integrated Nutrition, Health and WASH assistance to the conflict affected population of Yemen’ in Hajjah Governorate using the DAC criteria as will detailed in TOR. The lessons learned through this evaluation will be applied by RI to inform future strategies and program design in Yemen.
RI is implementing 12-month project to address the essential nutrition, health and water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH) needs have affected communities in five districts of Hajjah governorate. A two-pronged approach will be adopted to provide both direct delivery of essential nutrition, health and WASH services by RI Mobile Medical Teams (MMTs) and support for government primary health facilities for essential rehabilitation. The central focus of the intervention will be Community Management of Acute Malnutrition (CMAM) for children 6-59 months and pregnant and lactating women (PLW) with severe and moderate acute malnutrition. This will be integrated with essential primary health care and WASH services delivered through five MMTs and health infrastructure rehabilitation. Communities will be mobilized for positive nutrition, health and WASH practices through a network of 50 Community Health Volunteers in intervention districts. RI will also rehabilitate 10 government primary health facilities in the intervention districts to improve their functional capacity and the status of service delivery through these health facilities. Building on RI's existing health and nutrition Programme in Hajjah, the intervention will be complimented by RI's multiple FLAs with WFP to provide MAM treatment supplies and food distributions in targeted areas. RI will directly implement and monitor this Programme, utilizing a team of national and international staff in Sana'a and Hajjah
Roles and responsibilities
- Submit an evaluation proposal with first draft of work plan and timelines, including development and review of data collection tools.
- Conduct desk review of all project documents, in coordination with RI-Program dept and MEAL Departments at RI Yemen
- Conduct data collection, data entry and analysis, including training of enumerators and project team (internal), in coordination with RI field teams.
- Debrief on preliminary findings at both field office and country office and submission of the draft evaluation report for review
- Submission of final evaluation report and datasets
- Seek clearance, authorization and approvals from all relevant authorities
The methodology will be determined by the consultant, with approval from RI’s MEAL manager.
The final deliverables of the evaluation will include the following documents:
Final Report, inception Report, containing an evaluation plan matrix, outlining the specific data collection strategy, responsibility, data collection tools, draft questionnaires and a detailed work plan within 10 working days after signing the contract.
A draft final evaluation report for review by RI and other stakeholders’ staff within (3 weeks) of the completion of the data collection.
A final evaluation report, due within (3 weeks) of the completion of the data collection. The report should be no more than 25 pages in length (excluding appendices) and be based on the requirements in the Search External Evaluation Guidelines (DAC Criteria), including actionable, data-based recommendations for Search and other stakeholders as well as suggestions for similar future programming.
Final electronic copies of all data collected (this includes survey data entered through excel/SPSS format; the format needs to be approved by Search before use; also, notes of all FGDs and KIIs done).
The final evaluation report should strictly be written in English language and should not exceed 30 pages (excluding annexes). It should be submitted electronically in an MS-Word document. It may include:
Executive Summary of key findings and recommendations;
Introduction, including brief context description
Evaluation findings, analysis and conclusions with associated evidence and data clearly illustrated. The findings section should be sub-divided as sub-chapters according to the evaluation criteria.
Recommendations for the future, which should be practical and linked directly to conclusions; and
Appendices, including evaluation tools, questionnaire, and brief biography of evaluator.
Requirements of Consultant
RI seeks an experienced firm or consultant with the following qualifications:
- Proficiency in Arabic and English
- More than 3 years of experience in project evaluations, including collecting data in interviews, surveys and focus groups
- Experience working with international organizations
- Capacity to hire and supervise local data collectors to conduct the survey in Yemen
- Strong communication and writing skills
- Understanding of and experience working in the Yemeni context
- Evaluation methods and data collection skills in developing world or conflict context
- Ability to be flexible with time and work schedule
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality, impartiality, and operational independence. We affirmatively engage the most vulnerable communities. We value:
Transparency and Accountability
Agility and Innovation
- Qualified candidates meeting the above requirements are requested to send their application (All required documents mentioned below on application documents section) to email@example.com by midnight November 18, 2018. Any application without clear subject indicate to the reference number and the location of the Position that he/she wants to apply for in the advert will be excluded.
- RECRUITMENT IS URGENT: Interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible and not to wait until the closing date, as CVs will be reviewed as they are submitted and INTERVIEWS WILL BE CONDUCTED ON A ROLLING BASIS.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
- Profile of the consulting firm and CV of the Lead Consultant and details about the team if relevant.
- Sample reports from previous assignments (if to be disseminated to the public).
- 3 references from previous assignments.
- Summary of the main tools and methods used in completing the end-of-project evaluations.
Additional information: please send them through the HR@ email