Ended Senior Project Assistant (M&E)
Open to Internal and External Candidates
Position : SENIOR PROJECT ASSISTANT (M&E)
Organizational Unit : Programme Support Unit
Duty Station : Yemen, Sana’a
IOM Classification : G 6
Type of Appointment : Special Short-Term (SST) Graded Contract, 6 Months (Renewable)
SVN No. : SVN2018-035
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : Thursday 22, November 2018
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates
Working under the overall supervision of the Monitoring & Evaluation Officer and the direct supervision of the National Monitoring & Evaluation Officer and the successful candidate will assist with monitoring, data gathering and analysis, documentation, reporting, and evaluation of IOM’s programme in Yemen. The incumbent will support the implementation of the Mission’s M&E systems, strategies, methodologies, and contingency plans that respond to new and emerging operational challenges for IOM Yemen.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Regular monitoring activities in the field per work plans, in coordination with the programme teams, ensuring that monitoring and evaluation arrangements comply with agreed systems and donor agreements.
- Support a comprehensive and detailed monitoring of all project activities throughout all stages of the implementation to provide relevant information for performance management and evaluation of programme activities.
- Support the implementation of monitoring mechanisms including, but not limited to, project-level M&E plans, data collection tools, Site Visit Notes, needs assessments, and evaluations.
- Contribute to developing and strengthening tools and systems, in coordination with IOM senior management, to provide:
- Greater versatility in programme design and implementation
- Streamlined information cycles
- Improved adherence to accountability standards and better responsiveness to issues arising during implementation
- Contribute to regular sharing of M&E findings with IOM colleagues and relevant stakeholders and ensure that monitoring data is discussed in appropriate forums in a timely manner.
- Hands-on contribution to data gathering, entry, and analysis.
- Contribute to developing and delivering M&E training and other capacity buildings tools, in coordination with IOM senior management.
- Develop and promote best practice examples and ensure documentation of experiences and lessons learned.
- Maintain close collaboration with implementing partners and other relevant stakeholders for the implementation of M&E efforts.
- Provide technical and backstopping support to various teams in the mission.
- Field visits to conduct ongoing data collection process with beneficiary households and other stakeholders and ensure data collection is conducted on time and on accordance with the data collection plan
- Participate in the baseline, midline, end line, and other (e.g. satisfaction) surveys
- Transfer qualitative data provided on surveys and forms into numeric information/ quantitative data when required and if needed.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned. Required Qualifications and Experience Education
- University from an accredited academic institution in Social Science/Public Relation/Economics/Development
Studies/ International Relations or other relevant disciplines. Master’s Degree an advantage
- Minimum six years (Four years for University Degree holders) of relevant and progressive experience;
- Substantial experience in the implementation of monitoring and evaluation plans, preferably with monitoring of field activities.
- Proven experience with M&E methods and approaches, planning and implementation of M&E systems, information/data collection, entry, analysis and report writing
- Strong coordination, negotiation, mobilizing and facilitation skills.
- Experience organizing training programs and similar events an advantage.
- Experience in liaising with partner organizations, national and international institutions an advantage.
- Must be proficient with MS Office.
- Familiarity with humanitarian assistance programming an advantage.
English and Arabic
- The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following competencies:
- Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms
- Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders
- Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others
- Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
- Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services
- Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others.
- Planning and Organizing - plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
- Professionalism - displays mastery of subject matter
- Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Only candidates residing in the country of the duty station within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
Female with the above qualifications are encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via email to email@example.com indicating position applied on subject line by Thursday 22nd November, 2018
In order for the applications to be considered valid, IOM only accepts applications with a cover letter not more than one page specifying the motivation for application, with a subject line SVN2018/035 Sana’a, SENIOR PROJECT ASSISTANT G6
All applications should include a functional email address, mobile numbers and detailed curriculum vitae (CV).
Posting period: From 08.Nov.2018 to 22.Nov.2018