Ended Communication Assistant
Open to Internal and External Candidates
Position : COMMUNICATIONS ASSISTANT
Organizational Unit : Programme Support Unit (Media & Communications)
Duty Station : Yemen, Sana’a
IOM Classification : G 5
Type of Appointment : Special Short-Term (SST) Graded Contract, 6 Months (Renewable)
SVN No. : SVN2018-033
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : Thursday 22, November 2018
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
Under the overall supervision of the Head, Project Development & Programme Support Unit and the direct supervision of the Public Information Officer, the successful candidate will be responsible for the creation of content, particularly audio and visual, for external communications, including digital platforms.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Create and disseminate public information on IOM’s work in Yemen: audio, visual, written, and verbal. This includes capturing and editing high quality images and video clips highlighting the context in which IOM works, as well as its activities.
- Facilitate interviews with beneficiaries and other persons relevant to IOM’s communications.
- Maintain and catalogue IOM Yemen’s communications products, media contact lists, content calendars, and archives.
- Support creation and maintenance of digital and other content for IOM Yemen’s and IOM’s various platforms, including social media and websites.
- Support organize public events to promote the visibility of IOM’s operations in Yemen.
- Support the public relations component of IOM projects including monitoring of project visibility plans in line with donors’ visibility guidelines
- Manage the production and distribution of communications tools such as publications, stickers, posters, t- shirts together with IOM’s partners.
- Supervise the production process of communication and publications products/items by closely liaising with service vendors (printing companies, production house etc.) to ensure high quality of final products.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Qualification from an accredited academic institution preferably in communications, public relations, filmmaking, photography or a related field;
- Minimum Five year experience (Three years for University holders) experience in the field of communication and media, and creation of creation of visual content;
- Experience in digital communications, specifically social media
- Experience of working with sensitivities related to gender.
English and Arabic
- The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following competencies:
- Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms
- Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders
- Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others
- Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
- Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services
- Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others.
- Planning and Organizing - plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
- Professionalism - displays mastery of subject matter
- Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
.Only candidates residing in the country of the duty station within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
Female with the above qualifications are encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via email to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating position applied on subject line by Thursday 22nd November, 2018
In order for the applications to be considered valid, IOM only accepts applications with a cover letter not more than one page specifying the motivation for application, with a subject line SVN2018/033 Sana’a, COMMUNICATIONS ASSISTANT G5
All applications should include a functional email address, mobile numbers and detailed curriculum vitae (CV).
Posting period: From 08.Nov.2018 to 22.Nov.2018