Ended Project Support Assistant
Open to Internal and External Candidates
Position : PROJECT SUPPORT ASSISTANT
Organizational Unit : Programme Support Unit
Duty Station : Yemen, Sana’a, Aden, Al-Hudaydah
IOM Classification : G 5 - MPH
Type of Appointment : Special Short-Term (SST) Graded Contract, 6 Months (Renewable)
SVN No. : SVN2018-032
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : Thursday 22, November 2018
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
Working under the overall supervision of the Programme Coordinator (PSU), and the direct supervision of the Head of Sub office, and the thematic supervision of the Programme Support Officer, Sana’a and in close coordination with the all programmatic focal points, the successful candidate will assist with monitoring, data gathering and analysis, documentation, and reporting of IOM’s programme implemented by the sub office. The incumbent will provide support and technical assistance to thematic reports and knowledge products and assist with document reviewing process in line with the Organization's policies and procedures, IOM's donor requirements, and results-based management policies.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Regular monitoring activities in the field per work plans, in coordination with the programme teams, ensuring that monitoring arrangements comply with agreed systems and donor agreements.
- Support in creating content and the reporting format as needed for the preparations of external and internal reporting.
- Assist relevant teams concerning reporting responsibilities, requirements, and deadlines.
- Provide and coordinate inputs for information requests from the Country Office in Sana’a, Headquarters, the Regional Office, other IOM missions and external partners, such as donors, government, partner agencies, and implementing partners, in close coordination with PSU Coordinator.
- Support thematic teams and support units in coordinating IOM institutional reporting such as the Annual Reporting.
- In close coordination with relevant focal points, assist in drafting interim and final project reports.
- Perform editing, integration, rewriting, abridging, simplification, or restructuring of narrative texts for clarity, readability, consistency, and logical sequence; clarify ambiguities and correct errors in consultation with management.
- Liaise regularly with programme teams, to maintain familiarity with project needs, parameters, and activities.
- Support drafting of concept notes, project narratives, work plans, and other project-related documents in close coordination with relevant units.
- Support updating various communications products such as the IOM Yemen website, factsheets, brochures, and Situation Reports.
- Coordinate with the Public Information team to produce visibility materials for publicity to appeal to donors for resource mobilization by recommending content and carrying out preliminary editing.
- Provide technical and backstopping support in documentation to relevant units in the mission.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned. Required Qualifications and Experience Education
- University degree in Social Science or a related field from an accredited academic institution with relevant experience.
- Minimum Five Years’ Experience (Three years for Bachelor’s Degree holders) writing reports, papers, briefings, and articles, with own work published an advantage;
- Experience in project reporting, implementation and management, preferably in the field of research and evaluation;
- Proven experience with information/data collection, entry, analysis and report writing;
- Experience with international humanitarian organizations, non-governmental or governmental institutions/organizations in a multi-cultural setting.
English and Arabic
- The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following competencies:
- Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms
- Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders
- Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others
- Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
- Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services
- Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others.
- Planning and Organizing - plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
- Professionalism - displays mastery of subject matter
- Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
.Only candidates residing in the country of the duty station within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
Female with the above qualifications are encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via email to email@example.com indicating position applied on subject line by Thursday 22nd November, 2018
In order for the applications to be considered valid, IOM only accepts applications with a cover letter not more than one page specifying the motivation for application, with a subject line SVN2018/032 PROJECT SUPPORT ASSISTANT
All applications should include a functional email address, mobile numbers and detailed curriculum vitae (CV).
Posting period: From 08.Nov.2018 to 22.Nov.2018