Ended National Project Officer
Open to Internal and External Candidates
Position : NATIONAL PROJECT OFFICER (PSU)
Organizational Unit : Programme Support Unit
Duty Station : Yemen, Sana’a
IOM Classification : NO-A
Type of Appointment : Special Short-Term (SST) Graded Contract, 6 Months (Renewable)
SVN No. : SVN2018-030
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : Thursday 22, November 2018
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
Working under the overall supervision of the Head, Project Development & Programme Support Unit, Sana’a and the direct supervision of the Program Coordinator (PSU) and in coordination with the Programme Managers, the successful candidate will actively contribute to and participate in the design and development of new programmes/projects, and programme and donor reporting.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Draft and coordinate the preparation of concept notes and proposals for potential donors and funding opportunities in IOM’s areas of interest.
- Provide information for and facilitate the incorporation of cross-cutting themes (i.e. gender, protection, etc.) in project concept notes and proposals in line with IOM’s Project Handbook.
- Conduct research to strengthen proposals and concept notes.
- Contribute to project development, donor liaison, and coordination with Headquarters (HQs), Regional Office (RO) and other relevant stakeholders.
- Support the activation of projects, in close coordination with PMs and other pertinent IOM departments, and follow up on the administrative, financial and management requirements of project development and implementation.
- In close coordination with the Programme Managers and M&E officer, prepare and edit donor reports to support compliance with donor regulations and obligations, as well as the report finalization process with Headquarters and the Regional Office.
- Provide and coordinate inputs for information requests from Headquarters, the Regional Office, other IOM missions and external partners, such as donors, government, partner agencies, and implementing partners, in close coordination with relevant managers and supervisors.
- Identify potential and realistic funding opportunities by reviewing calls for proposals, and collecting donor information.
- Coordinate with the Public Information Officer to produce visibility materials for publicity to appeal to donors for resource mobilization by recommending and producing content.
- Support the review and editing of assessment and evaluation reports drafted by programme units.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned. Required Qualifications and Experience Education
- Master’s degree in International Relations, International Development, law or a related field from an accredited academic institution with relevant professional experience; or
- University degree in the above fields with two years of relevant professional experience.
- Minimum Two Years’ Professional Experience in project development, concept note designing, writing reports, papers, briefings, and articles, with own work published an advantage;
- Experience in project reporting, Project Development, implementation and management, preferably in the field of research and evaluation;
- Proven experience with information/data collection, entry, analysis and report writing;
- Experience with international humanitarian organizations, non-governmental or governmental institutions/organizations in a multi-cultural setting.
English and Arabic
- The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following competencies:
- Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms
- Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders
- Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others
- Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
- Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services
- Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others.
- Planning and Organizing - plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
- Professionalism - displays mastery of subject matter
- Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation..
Only candidates residing in the country of the duty station within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
Female with the above qualifications are encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via email to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating position applied on subject line by Thursday 22nd November, 2018
In order for the applications to be considered valid, IOM only accepts applications with a cover letter not more than one page specifying the motivation for application, with a subject line SVN2018/030 Sana’a, NATIONAL PROJECT OFFICER (PSU) NO-A
All applications should include a functional email address, mobile numbers and detailed curriculum vitae (CV).
Posting period:From 08.Nov.2018 to 22.Nov.2018