Head of Office
Duration: Fixed Term
Number of Opening: 1
Reporting to Head of Programs, the staff will act as key Islamic Relief – Yemen representative at Governorate level, management and coordination with all relevant stakeholders to ensure effective and efficient implementation of all IRY projects in Saada Governorate.
The Head of Office will oversee all humanitarian actions in Saada and in collaboration with all the relevant staff under his/her supervision design/participate in proposal development of new projects based on the existing gaps in the area as well as administrative responsibilities in the field office.
Main Duties and Responsibilities;
- Supervise the budgetary, financial and administrative functions of the Sa’ada office in accordance with the IRY and donors’ regulations and procedures.
- Recruitment, supervise and capacity-building of local staff.
- Ensure smooth, transparent and effective financial transactions and payments related to his jurisdiction.
- Supervise and manage contracts of the buildings / vehicle / warehouses etc in his/her program area with approval of the country office.
- Provide support, in close collaboration with sector leads, to program staff and beneficiaries utilizing support sectors for timely delivery of service.
- Facilitate timely submission of all the required reports (donor and internal reports) and documentation to the concerned sector leads and to his/her line supervisor.
- Maintained a close liaison with local authorities for smooth implementation of project.
- Represent IRY in sub cluster forums, local authorities, community leaders, Government authorities, line ministries, national and international organizations, NGOs, voluntary agencies in the governorate to promote positive image of IRY
- Identify, develop, manage and implement new projects / programme opportunities and activities, in cooperation with relevant stakeholders
- Join programme staff in undertaking appropriate need assessments, identify gaps and collaborate with sector specific staff in designing new integrated interventions as appropriate to address the identified need.
- Conduct weekly meeting with all program staff to discuss the achievements, lessons learnt, operational challenges/constraints and finding timely viable solution for smooth projects’ implementation.
- Support sector coordinators in timely implementation of projects (OCW, Nutrition, livelihood, food security and wash projects)
- Submit regular reports to Sana’a office as required – about progress, performance and challenges being faced.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the line supervisor (HOP).
It is essential that the post holder shows a good understanding and sympathy with the Islamic Relief values and principles as well as commitment to Islamic Relief vision and mission.
Knowledge, Skills and Qualifications;
- Must be a graduate in development studies or social sciences.
- A proven record of designing, monitoring & implementing emergency and development program.
- Good understanding of development and relief issues as well as appreciation of cultural and social differences.
- Excellent networking, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Development and implementation of appropriate policies, procedures and administrative systems.
- Report writing skills.
- Excellent written and spoken English and Arabic.
- Flexible & Patient. Ability to work on your own initiative as well as a part of a team.
- A minimum of five years' experience of working with an international NGO.
- Commitment to participatory management and maintaining a supportive, open environment to ensure the learning and development of staff
- Experience in designing manuals and strategic plans
- Ability to deliver training and awareness sessions
- Ability to develop P&P.
Core Values (Required):
- Diversity and Inclusion.
Core Competencies (Required):
- Working with People.
- Drive for Results.
Functional Competencies (Required):
- Formulating Strategies and Concepts.
- Planning and Organizing.
Problem solving (thinking environment);
- Ability to deal with complex situation and solve issues and problems
Interested and qualified Candidates are requested to Click Here .
- Only Short –listed candidates will be contacted.
- Females are strongly encouraged to apply.
- All applications must include the vacancy reference number in the subject line.