Supply Chain & Operations Coordinator ( Logistics) This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
Position: Supply Chain & Operations Coordinator ( Logistics)
Reports to: Supply Chain & Operation Manager
Travel: Frequent travel to RI Area’s offices within Yemen to provide required support and monitoring.
Duration: Till December 31, 2021; Renewable based on fund availability and performance.
Note: Position is open to Yemeni Nationals only.
Relief International is a leading nonprofit organization working in 16 countries to relieve poverty, ensure well-being and advance dignity. We specialize in fragile settings, responding to natural disasters, humanitarian crises and chronic poverty.
Relief International combines humanitarian and development approaches to provide immediate services while laying the groundwork for long-term impact. Our signature approach — which we call the RI Way—emphasizes local participation, an integration of services, strategic partnerships and a focus on civic skills. In this way, we empower communities to find, design and implement the solutions that work best for them.
Relief International includes the four corporate members of the RI Alliance: RI-US, RI-UK, MRCA/RI France and RI-Europe. Under our alliance agreement, we operate as a single, shared management structure.
The Supply chain &operations Coordinator (logistics) steers a mission’s logistical activities in order to ensure that RI-Yemen programs run smoothly. He/she implements RI procedures and logistical tools, and ensures that they are properly used and adhered to.He/she manages the logistics department in order to ensure the smooth running of RI and to facilitate the logistics treatment time for the Yemen CO activities.
He/she is responsible that the RI and donors’ procedures are respected. He/she supports, monitors, and strengthens CO and Area’s logistics team members , He/She will serve is focal point for all logistical matters in country and support area offices technically , He/she will be responsible to consolidate the logistics report and share with management according to set timeline and depending on management and donor requirement. He/She will attend grant opening and closing meetings to reflect logistic plans and report as per set of actions.
Main duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure compliance with RI warehousing/storage procedures and forms are implemented, serve as RI Yemen focal point for all warehouse matters.
- Ensure that a clear Warehousing Strategy is documented and regularly update according to context evolution and share it on a regular basis with relevant stakeholders at CO level
- Ensure proper storage and warehousing of assets and program stocks, including proper receiving and issuing of stocks, maintenance and updated bin /stock cards.
- Ensure proper record keeping and safety of all items received in the warehouse (goods received notes, receipts, waybills, stock requests and all other documents) both electronically and manually as may be required for audit trail.
- Ensure GIK are received , stored , dispatch and reconciled according to RI procedures , report GIK on monthly basis for all country offices , reconciled and reported in the financial system.
- Consolidate and report on timely basis any missing, damaged or items whose expiry date is near for appropriate action.
- Ensure strong collaboration and communication project sites for the delivery of all goods.
- Ensure that monthly physical inventories are carried out and reconciled with physical inventories, ensure biannual and annual inventories are conducted in all RI area offices and consolidated and reported timely .
- Make reallocation/transfer suggestions for remaining materials once a program is completed.
- Ensure all warehouses facilities are adapted, maintained up and compliant in terms of conditions and capacity taking into consideration the types of goods stored and project’s needs.
Vehicle fleet and transport management
- Scale the vehicle fleet according to activities, ensuring homogeneity within the fleet.
- Ensure the sharing of the vehicle resources at Area’s level.
- Supervise the planning and execution of maintenance and repair tasks on vehicles .
- Define the contents of a vehicle’s tool kit and ensure compliance by all offices.
- Consolidate and analyze monthly Vehicle assessment and fuel consumption.
- Implement a supply strategy for fuel , report to SMT the fuel situation in country on monthly basis.
- Supervise the administrative management of vehicle documents (log books, contracts, insurance, etc.)
- Establish country goods shipments/ transportation strategy (National and International if required) and update it as per context evolution and project’s needs.
- Participate to Transport-Carriers tenders selection and FWA establishment
- Ensure Country Logistic team is leading in coordination with Procurement Coordinator goods deliveries with appropriate documentation.
RI Premises and Lease management
Lease management: -
- Ensure leases premises are assessed jointly with security and admin team prior to leasing process, Conduct a premises assessment, security clearance and negotiation process with landlord.
- Ensure all RI rented premises are up to date and both RI and landlord are aware of the lease period, terms and condition.
- Ensure the landlords are paid on time.
- Ensure that a notice are given in advance to the landlord if RI plan to leave the premise/s and the premise is handed on time.
- Ensure that all RI premises are met with RI minimum requirement when assessment and selection is hold.
- Ensure lease management report is shared on monthly basis.
International shipment & Custom clearance:
- Ensure all RI International shipment to Yemen are tracked from country of origin /shipment until final consignment in Yemen
- Ensure advance coordination with local authorities to follow legal requirements prior to shipment arrival, ensure advance clearance is processed beforehand. Ensure INGO partner coordination to minimize cost spending include logistic cluster coordination’s, international charity freight ..etc.
- Ensure all shipment are checked prior to departure, off -loading and final delivery.
- Ensure all shipment documentations are submitted to the local authority, get clearances and document them in RI filling system.
Human resource management
- Scale the Yemen logistics department set up according to the programs.
- Implement a logistics country strategy and set team targets.
- Brief the logistics team members on arrival and support them in accomplishing their objectives throughout their mission.
- Provide support, training, control and mentoring to all offices and areas logistics team members in coordination with the Supply Chain &Operations manager and Area respective managers.
- Appraise personnel under direct supervision and participate in performance reviews for mission logistics officers
- Organize regular formal meetings with team members.
Support & Capacity Building
- Coordinate and plan for professional development capacity building plan for all logistic team members in all RI Yemen offices.
- Determine training needs for logistics team member across Yemen Country and Areas, and for local partners when applicable.
- Make frequent projects site and RI Offices visits to support field teams .
Reporting / capitalization
- Consolidate, process and analyze monthly logistics reports of the areas and carry out logistics reporting to Supply chain &Operations Manager.
- Be an active participant in drafting proposals and donor financial reports on behalf of the logistics sections
- Centralize information’s on transport companies, distances, prices and methods .
- Ensure that price and supplier lists are compiled, along with documentation requirements in effect (import – export, exemptions, taxes)
- Supervise the archiving of logistics documents
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
- University degree of similar in Supply Chain Management or a comparable discipline.
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in administrative or operational support functions with an international humanitarian organization.
- Experience in emergency response.
- Solid knowledge of practical warehousing and stock management procedures and experience maintaining supply and delivery pipelines.
- Demonstrated attention to details, ability to follow procedures, meet deadlines and work independently and cooperatively with team members.
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality, impartiality, and operational independence. We affirmatively engage the most vulnerable communities. We value:
- Transparency and Accountability
- Agility and Innovation
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل