Awards Coordinator This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
Job Title : Awards Coordinator
Reports to : Executive Director
Location : Sana’a
Deadline: 6th of December 2022
Tamdeen Youth Foundation (TYF), is a humanitarian Organization which is private, nonpolitical, non-governmental and non-profit making. TYF seeks to support socio-economic interventions to create and secure adequate livelihood opportunities for members of society, and enable them to thrive, grow and participate in making immediate and long-term change, allowing everyone to live in peace and competence. TYF launched its Strategic Plan, covering broader development areas, targeting a larger segment of society and building on the alignment of humanitarian response, development and peace.
TYF currently operates in a number of governorates in Yemen where it has implemented projects in, Food Security, Health, Nutrition, Shelter, CCCM , WASH, Protection, Education and Empowerment,
2- Job Summary:
This role will work collaboratively with Donors and other departments of TYF office programme to ensure smooth management of development and humanitarian programme awards, sub awards and contracts. The person will manage a small team responsible for a discreet portfolio of awards. The position will be also responsible for capacity building of staff and improving internal ways of working.
3- Key Duties and Responsibilities:
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY :
Developing self and others; Working effectively with others
- Support the CEO on the development and performance of the Award Management team
- Support the delivery of capacity building both within the AM team and across the Country Office
- Carry out orientations and staff training for award management procedures, donor requirements etc… for TYF staff and partner organizations.
- Build relationships across the Country Office, the Region and the Centre and escalate issues as required
Communicating with impact, negotiation and coordination
- Provide coordination support to proposal development and review processes, ensuring all staff inputs happen in a timely and effective manner. Also, provide advice on donor compliance requirements to ensure high-quality proposals.
- Coordinate the processes for donor reporting to ensure that reports are high quality, delivered on time and supported by auditable records.
- Maintain effective communications with TYF Donors regarding donor-related issues
- Lead Award Kick off meetings to ensure that all award information is shared effectively with relevant staff, including field offices and partners
- Lead Close out process and work with Donors to ensure awards are closed out on time .
Monitoring and analysis
- Co-ordinate the development of fully costed budgets for award proposals
- Coordinatete with respective budget holders (PM/AM) in order to ensure budgets are correctly allocated and aligned.
- Ability to analyze financial issues i.e. variances and resolve them by collaborating with another TYF system
Compliance (systems, processes, donor)
- Clear understanding of TYF processes and key donor requirements, and support the TYF system across CO to ensure all opportunities, proposals, contracts and amendments follow TYF processes
- Ensure that all appropriate donor formats are available in-country and staff have a clear understanding of donor requirements/expectations throughout the award cycle.
- Ensure potential issues and amendment requests are flagged promptly to the CEO of Awards, then to donors via the relevant Donors. Prepare donor waiver/derogation requests.
- Ensure all TYF SYSTEM records are an accurate reflection of current award status at all times and have all required documentation attached.
- Ensure all partners and sub-award agreements undergo legal vetting, are input into and approved through TYF SYSTEM, and work with relevant staff to ensure relevant donor requirements are understood by implementing partners (this may include capacity building)
- Award Management leadership, portfolio management and strategy
- Ensure award management systems and processes are successfully implemented, and key controls are in place to support effective portfolio management and compliance with donor requirements.
- Ensure regular award monitoring across the country office and facilitate regular awards review meetings in monthly basis with key stakeholders to ensure individual award performance is being tracked effectively, and that risks and issues are being recognized and action taken .
- Provide regular management information to the CEO on the performance of the allocated portfolio.
- Support the CEO on the implementation of plans to address any performance issues identified through management information and KPI results.
4- Job Requirement
- Proven track record of in-country award portfolio management and knowledge of major donors’ compliance requirements.
- Experience communicating with impact in a complex stakeholder environment.
- Experience of staff management, supervision and capacity building in Award Management.
- Problem-solvingng skills to identify and lead the resolution of issues.
- Computer literate (i.e. Word, advanced Excel, Outlook, financial systems).
- Excellent planning, management and coordination skills, with the ability to organize a workload comprised of varying and changing tasks and responsibilities.
- Basic understanding of operational programming, including the realities of the context.
- Strong communication (written and spoken), and interpersonal skills in English, with experience in managing multicultural .
- Experience with Award Management
- Experience with varies donors policies, procedures and systems.
- Excellent writing skills in Arabic Language is highly desirable.
- Significant experience with NGOs in an international environment
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل