Job Title: FSL Program Manager
Reports to : Programs Director
Location : Sana’a
Deadline : 6th of December 2022
Tamdeen Youth Foundation (TYF), is a humanitarian Organization which is private, nonpolitical, non-governmental and non-profit making. TYF seeks to support socio-economic interventions to create and secure adequate livelihood opportunities for members of society, and enable them to thrive, grow and participate in making immediate and long-term change, allowing everyone to live in peace and competence. TYF launched its Strategic Plan, covering broader development areas, targeting a larger segment of society and building on the alignment of humanitarian response, development and peace.
TYF currently operates in a number of governorates in Yemen where it has implemented projects in, Food Security, Health, Nutrition, Shelter, CCCM , WASH, Protection, Education and Empowerment,
2- Overall Purpose/Broad Function:
FSL program manager is considered the technical leader of Food Security & Livelihoods and Economic Empowerment program in terms of planning, implementing and results measuring of FSL program actions that include and not limited to designing new Projects, technically overseeing on sectoral interventions and activities conducting in adherence with TYF, Food Security & Agriculture Cluster and donors’ guidelines and standards. The FSL program manager is responsible also on building the capacity of TYF FSL team in national level as well as in field. He/she works under the supervision of Programs Director and participates effectively in TYF’s Programs Strategy Plan improvement as member of Programs team.
3- Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Programme(s) Designing & Planning:
Under the supervision of Programs Director and in coordination and full collaboration with other Sectoral Programs Managers and MEAL Coordinator will:
- Actively Work as member of Programs Management Team.
- Contribute to situation/response analysis and development of food security and livelihoods strategy documents & sector response plans.
- Contribute in assessing and analyzing general and multisectoral humanitarian needs.
- Along with other Programs team members and in cooperative manner, work to develop and update Programs Strategic Plan.
- Contribute to programme design and proposal development.
- Develop appropriate targeting criteria and mechanisms to ensure the needs of identified vulnerable groups are met.
FSL Program Management :
- Report the humanitarian needs and provide clear and detailed recommendations for FSL interventions required for responding these needs.
- Create master budgets and implementation plans, including phased budgets, M&E and indicator tracking plans for all awarded grants
- Ensure to Implement FSL projects activities and guaranteeing that services are delivered on time and on budget.
- Manage program budget lines and ensure proper and effective use of program resources.
- Manage FSL team and ensure that staff have work-plans in place and follow up the FSL project(s) team members regularly to ensure that activities are on track.
- Along with MEAL team and in continuing coordination with related supporting departments, FSL Manager is in charge of Monitoring program progress against both programmatic and budgetary targets.
- Prepare timely programme and donors reports on project activities in compliance with internal TYF requirements and any relevant external donor requirements.
- Work closely with the HR team to identify FSL staffing needs and support recruitment of FSL posts.
- Identify FSL programme supply needs and coordinate with the logistics team to put in place a sensible phased procurement plan
- Prepare Project Implementation Plans to guide the Project Officers in the implementation of field activities.
- Coordinate the implementation of food security and livelihood projects/interventions in the Programme Area according to TYF strategy, as well as based on proposals, budgets and plans.
- Ensure that activities are completed within the specified timeframe and to acceptable levels of technical and programme quality.
- Continuously monitor and supervise project activities, overseeing the technical design and execution and evaluating progress through outputs and impacts using both quantitative and qualitative data.
- Ensuring that high quality Monthly progress reports and other documents and submit them to the Area Manager.
- Lead any FSL technical needs assessments during project proposal development and inception phases.
- Support field team, in Collaborate with the MEAL team, to analyze data from needs assessments and provide evidence based justifications to Programs Director and Area Office Head.
- Undertake regular field/onsite visits to ensure technical support to project staff and proper monitoring of the activities’ implementation in area of operation.
- Facilitate regular meetings to assist information sharing between project(s) staff/FSL Program team, to ensure all FSL project(s) staff members are aware of current work plans and to provide the opportunity for feedback.
Economic Empowerment Management:
- Prepare, develop and update regulations, operations manuals, training packages, and tools for the Economic Empowerment Program sectors and supervise their implementation by the program’s staff in the head office and branches.
- Write and design proposals for the Development and Economic Empowerment Program projects according to the priorities and directions of the strategic plans of the Foundation, the country, and donors in conjunction with program management and resource mobilization.
- Verify and follow-up on the validity of the selection of projects and products proposed by the departments and officers of the program projects and branch managers.
- Follow up and verify partnership agreement proposals prepared by the program officers.
- Supervise, control and follow-up field survey activities and ongoing projects in the head office and branches.
- Day-to-day management, performance control and development and quality of economic empowerment portfolios, including strategic decisions and ensuring good project implementation.
- Prepare quarterly, semi-annual and annual synthesis reports on achievements of all Economic Empowerment Program projects and present them to the programs manager, MEAL department, and donors.
Capacity Building & Organizational Learning:
- in Collaborate with the MEAL team, FSL Program Manager is responsible for monitoring the impact of the project, support decision making and promote learning through documentation of best practices and follow up of necessary adjustment.
- Work with MEAL team to identify learning and training opportunities TYF staff and partners and work as a mentor and role model for less experienced staff.
- Take steps to document lessons learned, from FSL programme, for wider dissemination.
FSL Program Representation:
- Represents TYF in external program-based events and meetings in national level (FSAC Meeting, Attending Regular/exceptional meetings with Donors…) as well as effectively participate in Humanitarian Plans preparation throughout being part of Coordination Meetings of Humanitarian actors and Membership of Technical Working Groups.
- Ensuring that TYF has appropriate and enough strong representation and role in FSAC Clusters in Hub level, and nominate TYF’s representatives to attend, participate in Sub Clusters Meetings and activities as well.
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted to :
Deadline to send your application is: 6th of December 2022 ,
Only selected candidates will be contacted and invited to participate in the process of recruitment.
The vacancy may close before the deadline. Until the employer fills the vacancy .
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل