Project Manager This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
The Sustainable Development Foundation (SDF) is a non-governmental, voluntary, independent organization established in March 2015, officially registered at the Ministry of Social Affairs as per license (99). SDF has been present in Yemen since 2015, it has experience implementing emergency child protection and education responses, including women and youth empowerment. SDF has experience in handling large grants from international donors, such as UNDP, UNHCR, WFP, OCHA, WHO, SCI and ZOA. SDF has excellent national-level relations and has experience in coordinating with both national and international NGOs. It has offices, staff and community-based committees in Hajjah, Sana'a, Marib, Ibb, Hudidah, Dhamar, Almahweet, Al-Bayda’a, and Hadramout as well as solid experiences engaging with local communities from whom it gained acceptance and with whom it has collaborated in the past. In addition to that, SDF creates livelihood opportunities and community-based protection.
- Posted vacancy: Project Manager
- Location: Hajjah
- Employer: Sustainable Development Foundation (SDF) – Yemen.
- Doner: OCHA
- Position Type: Full-time contract.
- Position reporting to: Program Manager.
- Starting Date: ASAP.
- Post date:Sep13th, 2023
- Closing date:Sep23rd, 2023
- Number of Positions: 1
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Promote community participation in camp communities.
- Facilitate establishment of camp committees ensuring female representation
- Facilitate and coordinate formal meetings and dialogue sessions with community representatives.
- Develop the capacity of leaders and committee members through training, workshops, and innovative means.
- Establish complaints and feedback mechanisms to ensure two-way communication with community.
Direct management of humanitarian services:
- Manage NFI and emergency shelter distributions as required including ensuring sequencing of assistance to new arrivals
- Oversee site-level Shelter, WASH and community infrastructure interventions including latrine construction and water supply to meet minimum standards.
- Facilitate the establishment of and support the running of youth recreational activities
External humanitarian coordination:
- PM Will be responsible for coordinating with other CCCM partners, Clusters, multi sectoral service providers, other coordination forums and local authority counterparts
- Ensure gaps in assistance to beneficiaries are filled and avoid duplication of activities by conducting regular and systematic monitoring of service delivery in the location, drawing the attention of stakeholders and partners to overarching needs
- Work with the CCCM cluster lead to advocate for adherence to agreed-upon minimum standards of services among stakeholders and partners
- Identify and formalize roles and responsibilities between agencies providing services in the camp
- Work with the Cluster and other CCCM partners to harmonize tools and approaches across the country
- Promote localization in existing response and coordination mechanisms to increase opportunities for local and national actors to respond more effectively
Management of information and facilitation of communication:
- Receive, conduct and facilitate baseline information on the characteristics of the population to inform, additional assistance and effective coordination
- Liaise with other partners of Protection to identify and register people with special needs (child-headed families, unaccompanied orphans and minors, the elderly, people living with disabilities, etc.) to facilitate their timely and convenient access to services
- Liaise with CCCM Cluster Leads, UNHCR/OCHA, Local Authorities in establishing and maintaining up to date population data
- Provide regular updates on displacement trends and key concerns to the CCCM Coordinator to inform advocacy and escalate relevant issues
- Producing information products including Snapshots, Displacement Summaries, Site Profiles
Representation and collaboration:
- Represent SDF and actively participate in CCCM cluster at the Hub level, and other meetings relevant to displacement management and coordination
- Forge strong information and experience sharing relationships with CCCM teams elsewhere in the country
- Liaise with partners, local authorities, and the community
- Participate in RCT meetings when requested
Budget management and tracking:
- Track the expenditure of camp management budget components, flagging any over and under expenditures promptly and taking corrective action
- Prepare project procurement plans and order for materials and services
- Contribute to budget development for new projects based on field expenses and needs.
- Ensure budget oversight and delivery of projects on targets and in compliance with SDF and donors' regulations
- Human Resources and administration:
- Supervise camp management team of contracted and casual staff, ensuring effective staff deployment, performance management and reviews
- Manage casual staff contracts and camp service contracts
- Ensure staff is well versed on the SDF’s Code of Conduct, accountability, respectful dialogue with the IDPs, and prevention of sexual exploitation and abuse
- Perform other relevant duties assigned by the Base Manager and/or Area Manager.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- A degree in political/social sciences, management, development studies, international development, or any relevant university degree.
- At least two to three years humanitarian experience at an international or local level, preferably in conflict areas;
- Proven technical knowledge of CCCM, project cycle management, SPHERE standards, and NFI and Shelter guidelines;
- Operational understanding of Protection concerns and mainstreaming in displacement settings;
- Experience in engaging the Cluster system in displacement situations;
- The ability for rapid analysis of complex issues and translation into strong decision making;
- The ability to prioritize operational and programmatic action plans in complex settings;
- Clear and professional communication and ability to summarize trends, challenges and needs for action;
- Experience in proposal and budget development and project implementation (including budget management);
- Excellent interpersonal skills, cross-cultural communication, and ease in managing a diverse team.
- Good team leadership and motivation in challenging, stressful contexts.
- Willingness to work in a remote and isolated location with dynamic security situation and basic living conditions.
- Self-motivated and able to work with minimum guidance and supervision.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Efficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
Professional Standards: The SDF workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in SDF Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, Accountability, and Equity. In accordance with these values, the SDF operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity Anti-Retaliation, and Combating Trafficking in Persons.
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل