Job Title: WPE Case Worker (1)
Band/ Level / Grade: 9A
Location: AlBuriqa -Aden
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving and life changing assistance to refugees and persons of concern forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home. Operational since May 2012 in Yemen, the IRC has been providing essential lifesaving services to conflict-affected populations and has quickly scaled up its response to the current food insecurity crisis through an integrated, multi-sector response. To help ensure that vulnerable households are able to access food to meet their immediate consumption needs, the IRC has mobilized funding to provide food vouchers in Abyan, Aden, Hodeida, Sana’a, Al Dhale’e, Lahj and Shabwa governorates.
Scope of Work:
Under the supervision of IRC Yemen WPE Response Officer, and based in Aden the WPE Case Worker will be responsible for the providing quality case management and psychosocial support services to the women and girls and work in collaboration with the health system to provide holistic care to survivors of GBV. The WPE program works in close collaboration with all of the IRC team and local partners.
In collaboration and under the direct superovulation of WPE Response Officer, the Case Worker will:
- Provide individualized, age appropriate comprehensive case management using IRC WPE standards and the in line with the GBV Guiding Principles (Respect, Safety, Confidentiality, Non-discrimination). When appropriate, this may include accompanying survivors to a referral point.
- Assist the Response Officer in creating a welcoming environment at the Women and Girls Community Center (WGCC) and implement activities in the WGCC and/or work in the mobile team to provide appropriate PSS activities in a safe area to communities on a weekly basis.
- Provide accurate information on the referral pathway
- Use the survivor centered approach and help empower people seeking assistance
- Monitor how the GBV referral pathway is working and advocate in the field for improved referral systems as needed.
- Coordinate a positive referral pathway with other actors
- Inform the Response Officer of needed supplies in the WGCC or on the mobile team.
- Work with the Adolescent Girls Assistant on an appropriate weekly curriculum for adolescent girls.
Requirements (Qualifications, Skills and Abilities)
- Bachelor Degree in Social Work, Psychology, Sociology or other related area.
- Working knowledge of English language preferable.
- Minimum one years’ experience in implementing social work or case management activities.
- Proven ability in case management or social work
- Excellent knowledge of the working environment
- Personal qualities: Empathic, Works well in and promotes teamwork, comfortable in a multi-cultural environment, flexible and able to handle pressure well.
- Computer literacy is desirable
- Good understanding of Gender Based Violence, women’s protection and empowerment in the context of Yemen.
- Strong communication and facilitation skills, including computer literacy.
Based in Aden with 100% travel to field.
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation
How to Apply
1- Qualified and Interested individuals are required to apply for this position via the IRC Career at the following link: https://rescue.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/1/home/requisition/17245?c=rescue
2- CV, Copies of the academic and work certificates should be submitted in the system.
3- Deadline for Applying: June 24, 2021. System will stop receiving CVs at 12:00 A.M, June 24, 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل