Project Officer (WASH/CFW) This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
Vacancy Announcement – Project Officer (WASH/CFW) -Dhamar
ACTED Organization Summary:
Since 1993, as an international non-governmental organization, ACTED has been committed to immediate humanitarian relief to support those in urgent need and protect people’s dignity, while co-creating longer term opportunities for sustainable growth and fulfilling people’s potential.
ACTED endeavors to respond to humanitarian crises and build resilience; promote inclusive and sustainable growth; co-construct effective governance and support the building of civil society worldwide by investing in people and their potential. ACTED is active in 37 countries and implements more than 450 projects a year reaching over 8 million beneficiaries with 400 international staff and 4,300 national staff.
ACTED has been present in Yemen since early 2012 and has been anchored to the governorates of Hodeidah, Raymah, Ibb, Dhamar, Aden-Dhalee, Saadah and Al Jawf.
Through its comprehensive programming ACTED has been covering the full continuum of emergency, rehabilitation and development in Yemen. Emergency activities have focused in the sectors of Agriculture & Food Security (e.g., distribution of crop seeds, and livestock), Economic Recovery and Market Systems (e.g., income-generating activities such as cash for work), and WASH (e.g., rehabilitation of water supply facilities, hygiene promotion). ACTED’s food security activities include distribution of food vouchers, which are a key component of ACTED’s interventions in the country.
ACTED Organization is pleased to announce the below job vacancy with the following details:
Position: Project Officer (WASH/CFW)
Contract Type: Fixed term
Contract Duration: 4 months
- Prepare the work plan and time schedules for implementing the WASH/CFW activities;
- Support the identification and planning of technical skills and requirements to implement the project as per relevant standards.
Project Implementation Follow-up
- Coordinate and implement day to day WASH/CFW activities with stakeholders in field ensuring that technical quality and standards are considered and respected during project(s) implementation;
- Ensure WASH/CFW activities are on time, target and budget, using effective M&E systems to reach desired impacts;
- Assist the Project Manager to trouble-shoot any unforeseen challenges during the project implementation;
- Provide regular and timely updates on progress and challenges to the Project Manager and other team members.
Documenting and Compliance
- Keep record of all WASH/CFW activity documents, in particular beneficiary list, completion certificates, attendance sheets, etc.;
- Help maintaining a beneficiary master database containing all beneficiary registration and baseline information as well as the WASH/CFW activities from which the beneficiaries benefitted ensure the data is protected from misuse in line with ACTED’s data protection policy;
- Ensure staff awareness of, and respect of, ACTED’s code of conduct, FLATS procedures and donor requirements.
Beneficiary Engagement and Accountability
- Aadhere to ACTED’s Code of Conduct and treat all beneficiaries with respect and without any distinction or discrimination based on nationality, race, ethnicity, tribe, gender, religious beliefs, political opinion or disability;
- Select the beneficiaries benefitting from WASH/CFW activities;
- Communicate ACTED’s Complaints and Response Mechanism target communities and participate in solving complaints related to the project in coordination with the AMEU.
- Participate in project coordination meetings with the whole project team.
External Coordination and Stakeholder Engagement
- Undertake communication and liaison activities to actively consult and involve beneficiaries, key informants, actors, partners and stakeholders in all stages of project design and implementation;
- Cultivate good relations with key humanitarian actors – local and international, including government authorities and non-state actors, through regular attendance at technical meetings and bilateral meetings;
- Identify opportunities to collaborate and coordinate efforts with other organizations to ensure our activities build upon - rather than replicate - the work of others.
- Provide support to partners in project implementation and ensure timely and qualitative implementation of projects by partners in line with ACTED and donor requirements;
- Refer partners to relevant ACTED staff to support and/or train them in FLATS procedures where relevant;
- Participate in review meetings with partners, with particular attention given to the relationship aspects of partnership collaboration, and ensure that any issues or disputes are resolved in a timely manner.
- Ensure that each member of the WASH/CFW team is aware of security issues, policies, SOPs and they follow them accordingly.
- Participate in the recruitment of WASH/CFW technical staff (development of organigrams, TORs, elaborating the tests and reviewing them; interviews etc.);
- Ensure that WASH/CFW staff understand and are able to perform their roles and responsibilities;
- Follow-up the work plans and day-to-day activities of the WASH/CFW staff;
- Manage the project staff in cooperation with the Project Manager;
- Ensure a positive working environment and good team dynamics among [sector] staff;
- Ensure capacity building among staff in WASH/CFW.
- Contribute to the development of procurement plans;
- Send accurate and precise order forms in a timely manner;
- Ensure a proper management and use of the project assets and stocks;
- Plan WASH/CFW team movements based on available fleet and applicable policies
- Forecast monthly cash requirements for [sector] activities and submit to the PM.
- Assess the WASH/CFW activities undertaken and ensure efficient use of resources;
- Undertake regular field visits to provide technical guidance and supervision as well as regularly monitor the progress of WASH/CFW activities;
- Assists with monitoring the WASH/CFW activities implemented by partners (if any) in the field;
- Document lessons learned and best practices and share them with the Project Manager so they can be reflected in project planning and decision making.
- Ensure adherence to donor procedures by project staff;
- Support the Project Manager in the preparation of progress and final reports, ensuring the quality and accuracy of technical information for [sector] activities
- Participate in communication activities through the regular collection of pictures and stories related to project activities;
- Participate in new proposal development processes through the provision of expert programmatic advice related to contextual knowledge.
- Offer technical support and inputs to other projects in similar sectors (e.g. BOQ design);
- Any other tasks as assigned by the Line Manager.
Job Requirement (Qualification and Experience)
- Bachelor degree in Civil Engineering or another relevant field;
- At least 2 years’ practical hands-on experience implementing construction and/or WASH projects;
- At least 1 years’ experience implementing emergency humanitarian infrastructure response and/or WASH response;
- Abilities to manage a team and to implement activities following a project timeline;
- Previous experience of managing a team of skilled and unskilled daily workers is mandatory;
- Excellent Coordination skills and ability to represent the organization with external stakeholders;
- Excellent team-working and communication skills;
- Written and spoken Arabic and English skills;
- Excellent team-working and communication skills;
- Excellent written and spoken Arabic and English skills.
- Ability and willingness to work flexible hours;
- Organize personal workload and achieve results in time;
- Ability to work under pressure and in a stressful environment;
- Ability to communicate with people and create a friendly environment.
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل