Education Project Officer This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
Save the Children in Yemen is looking for eligible candidates for the positions of:
Education Project Officer
The purpose of Education project Officer position is to support program coordinator in managing the implementation of education project, establishment and monitoring of non-formal education activities in SC education project, as well as support the project assistant in the day to day managing of the Non-formal education centre (NFE), mainly in Amran Area.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Program Coordinator
Reporting to: Education Project Assistant
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Develop, Implement and monitor quarterly, monthly and weekly activity plans to achieve expected results, this includes planning of activities, budget and procurement in coordination with PDQ Education team.
- Ensure that all planned activities are implemented on time to quality measures and when budget as per the monthly plan, where challenges raise, ensure that there are flagged early, communicated to the program coordinator and PDQ Education Coordinator and addressed in a timely manner way.
- Lead the preparation of all procurement and administrative documents required for program implementation.
- Provide support to project assistant to support teachers and community to increase education service provision.
- Lead on planning and conducting training and other professional development activities for teachers, NFE personnel and CEC members.
- Support project assistant to disseminate information to and engage communities (leaders, parents, etc.) about education issues and available services.
- Support project assistant to ensure the NFE centre is a safe and protective environment for children, in coordination with WASH colleagues, and in line with CSG Policy.
- Hold meetings with stakeholders including local councils and other organizations serving children and community to understand their education priorities, familiarize them with the projects and its objectives and engage them in the process.
- Keep proper records of field expenditures and appropriate report to program coordinator.
- Ensure that the education program is implemented in ways that are responsive communities and children in line with SC’s principles. Values and strategic plan and complaint with SCs procedures.
- Work in close collaboration with other SCI staff (Wash, Child Protection, etc.) in the target areas – develop joint work plans.
- Attend bi-weekly call with the PDQ Education team and provide them with monthly report.
- Facilitate PDQ, MEAL and other departments` field visits.
- Any other duties as required.
Staff supervision and mentorship
- Supervise and mentor the project assistant ensuring that she/he is empowered to achieve her/his performance objectives and program result.
- Gain technical knowledge on education and other relevant areas so as to provide support and training to the project assistant, teachers and community members to maintain the standards and
- improve the quality of project activates.
- Conduct performance reviews and support staff on set performance objectives timely.
- Identify any staffing issues and coordinate closely with the program coordinator and PDQ Education team to resolve them.
Monitoring and Reporting
- Ensure that all program data is properly and regular collected by field staff, check data and ensure that it is logically presented to the PDQ team.
- Collect and compile project data from the project assistant and partners based on the standard formats and submit monthly reports capturing achievements, case studies to the program coordinator and PDQ team.
- Work closely with MEAL team to ensure data are collected, stored and analysis on monthly basis.
- Update IMPACT on monthly basis and ensure all the supporting document are correctly stored and available.
- Discuss the result of the Quality Benchmark assessment conducted on quarterly basis with MEAL and flag any issue or challenge to the program coordinator and PDQ Education team.
- Contribute to the preparation of internal and external reports.
- Participate in team reviews of results and program progress and/or project evaluation when and as requested.
Comply with Save the Children policies and practice with respect to child projection, code of conduct, health and safety, equal opportunities and other relevant policies and procedures.
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS (our Values in Practice)
- Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values.
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
- Creates a managerial environment to lead, enable and maintain our culture of child safeguarding.
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
- Future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to; builds and maintains effective relationships with colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
- Works collaboratively to achieve shared goals and thrives on diversity of people and perspectives; knows when to lead and when to follow and how to ensure effective cross-boundary working.
- Communicates clearly and confidently with others to engage and influence; promotes dialogue and ensures timely and appropriate messages, building confidence and trust.
- Invests time and energy to actively develop self and others to help realise their full potential, and to build the organisation’s capability for the future.
- Applies the required technical and professional expertise to the highest standards; promotes and shares best practice within and outside the organization.
- Develops and implements innovative solutions to adapt and succeed in ever-changing and uncertain global and working environments.
- Takes effective, considered and timely decisions by gathering and evaluating relevant information from within or outside the organization.
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency, builds trust and confidence.
- Displays consistent excellent judgement.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- College qualifications and minimum of Two years’ professional experience with INGO, NGO supporting Education program.
- Demonstrated commitment to improving the lives of children in the school and community.
- Strong understanding of the contextual station related to education.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Proven technical knowledge and skills in the field of participatory development, child participation and Education.
- Previous experience on non-formal education, ALP is a bonus.
- Ability to travel to rural communities and work long hours.
- Strong verbal and written English skills and in the local language.
- The ability and skills to work collaboratively with others.
- Strong reporting skills.
- Good computer skills (MS Office, including Outlook for emails)
- Commitment to and understand of Save the Children aims, values and principles including rihts-based approaches.
- Background in Emergency programming is an asset.
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
We are looking for people with enthusiasm and commitment to improve the protection and promotion of the rights of all children and to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Save the Children International seeks to always be a child safe organization through fulfilling its obligations to the community and through programme implementation carried out by the organization for safeguarding children and to improve the living standards of the child.”
Note : “Internal staff will always be given a priority in the shortlisting process and filling the advertised roles and whenever we could not find a fit-to-role internal staff and being shortlisted, then we will look at the external applications”
To apply for this job please click on Education Officer
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل