Protection Project Coordinator
Position: Project Coordinator (Protection)
Location: RI Sana’a Office with extensive visits to field sites
Reports to: Project Manager
Reference #: HR-21-48
Duration: August 15 – December 31, 2021
Note: Position is open for Yemeni Nationals only.
About RI Mission & Vision: Relief International is a humanitarian and development non-profit agency that provides emergency relief, rehabilitation, and development assistance to communities worldwide. RI partners with communities in fragile settings to save lives and build resilience, dignity, and long-term well-being. All communities in fragile settings can achieve long-term well-being.
The Protection Project Coordinator will oversee and manage the implementation of all protection activities under the project. The Coordinator will ensure adherence to project plans, particularly work, spending and procurement plans. The Coordinator also will ensure that all staff follow international technical standards and guidelines, including donor regulations and compliance, to deliver high-quality programming in a timely manner. The Coordinator will directly supervise Women’s Center Officers and Social Workers based in the field, as well as the Protection Project Assistant. The Coordinator will be a key link between field staff, sector managers, and technical advisors, particularly the Protection Technical Advisor (PTA), within RI, as well as a focal point for local and national authorities, when necessary and appropriate, on all Protection-related activities.
Essential Position Responsibilities and Duties
- • Overall management of Protection-related activities, including: development, follow-up, and revision of project work, spending, field visit, and procurement plans; supervision of staff, including indirect oversight and capacity-building of newly-recruited staff for the Women’s Centers; development and follow-up of supervision tools in coordination with the PTA and sector manager; coordinate with other departments, particularly supply chain, logistics, MEAL, and finance, to ensure seamless and timely delivery of program supplies and activities
- • Regularly review project data, ensuring accurate data collection, and analyze the data to ensure the meeting of donor targets, key trends, particularly in beneficiary targeting, and opportunities for improvement
- • Draft reports in English for internal and external submission, particularly monthly reports sent to the RI regional office and quarterly donor reports
- • Liaise with key stakeholders, including local and national authorities, project donor representatives, other service providers, and coordination fora representatives
- • Ensure that all project activities are implemented in line with RI’s internal policies, as well as donor and cluster regulations and international humanitarian standards
- • Provide strong leadership to Protection team members, particularly in the field offices and sites
- • Regularly conduct field visits to provide on-the-job coaching and mentoring, engage with project beneficiaries, and evaluate project progress
- • Meet regularly with the Protection Technical Advisor to discuss progress, the rollout of new activities, and any other technical guidance or support needs
- • Support the development of key technical tools in coordination with the Protection Technical Advisor and department heads, such as MEAL, operations/procurement
- • Attend internal and external coordination meetings, as appropriate
- • Provide quality control of RI interventions within the project, in cooperation with MEAL Department
Team Management & Capacity-Building
- • Provide direct supervision to key Protections staff members, including Women’s Center Officers, Social Workers, and the Protection Project Assistant, through weekly meetings/check-ins, regular field visits, development and follow-up of work plans, and performance appraisals
- • Support direct supervisees with the day-to-day management of field staff/indirect supervisees, flagging any concerns to the sector or area managers
- • Identify capacity-building needs for direct and indirect supervisees and liaise with the Protection Technical Advisor and sector manager to devise individual and team-level capacity-building plans
- • Ensure adherence to all RI policies and procedures
- • Create a positive and inclusive environment with clear communication channels
Qualifications and Requirements
This position demands a dynamic individual with a demonstrated ability to achieve results in a demanding and fast paced environment.
- • A BA degree in Social science, Law and psychology or any relevant field.
- • Four years of prior project management experience in protection, particularly the development and follow-up of project work, spending, and procurement plans, as well as donor reporting.
- • Prior experience with a local or international NGO required
- • Prior familiarity with the implementation of Protection projects preferred
- • Relevant educational experience with a minimum bachelor’s degree; master’s degree preferred
- • Fluency in written and spoken English and Arabic
- • Open to regular field site travel and possible overnight stays in distant locations
- • Willingness to learn quickly and follow technical guidance
- • Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- • Proven ability to multi-task and manage staff in a high-pressured environment with long hours
- • Committed to the humanitarian imperative and passionate about the successful delivery of services
- • Excellent interpersonal, communication and problem-solving skills
- • Fluency in written and spoken English required.
- • Female candidates are more encouraged to apply.
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality, impartiality, and independence as well as “Do No Harm.” We value:
- • Integrity
- • Adaptability
- • Collaboration
- • Inclusivity
- • Sustainability
How to Apply
- Qualified candidates meeting the above Qualifications and requirements are requested to send their CVs in English to: firstname.lastname@example.org before midnight of August 5, 2021 with the vacancy reference Subject: HR-21-48+ Applicant Full Name. Any Application that doesn’t have the correct Reference Subject will not be considered.
- RECRUITMENT IS URGENT: Interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible and not to wait until the closing date. Interviews will be done on a “rolling bases.”
- Females Candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل
Other jobs from Relief International
Cook (طباخ)17 May 2021 | Sana'a
MEAL Coordinator03 Jun 2021 | Sana'a
Project Officer (District)09 Jun 2021 | Aden
Supply Chain & Operations Coordinator ( Logistics)10 Jun 2021 | Sana'a
Data Management Assistant (3)17 Jun 2021 | Sana'a , Hajjah