Project Quality Officer This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
Yemen Aid, a non-profit organization in the United States of America, established in 2016 by passionate professional Yemeni-Americans as a response to the humanitarian crisis in Yemen, is currently recruiting for the following position:
Posted vacancy: Project Quality Officer
Employer: Yemen Aid
Contract Duration: 5 Months
Position Type: Full-time contract
Position reporting to: Project Manager
Starting Date: As soon as possible
The 6-month project aims to improve the capacities of public service providers for scaling up outreach to the most vulnerable populations in the districts of Al-Buraiqah, Al-Mansura, Dar Saad, Al-Sheikh Othman, and Khur Maksr in Aden Governorate, as well as Al-Hawtah, Al-Madhariba, Habil Jabar, Tuban, and Yafa'a in Lahj Governorate. This will be achieved through the implementation of 15 multi-sectorial sub-projects in infrastructure, WASH (Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene), education, and health. These sub-projects will focus on preserving and adapting service delivery infrastructure to address the evolving needs resulting from the crisis in the country. The project is aligned with the UNPD Progarmme: Strengthening Institutional and Economic Resilience in Yemen (SIERY), specifically under the Infrastructure and Equipment component of the Local Resilience and Recovery Fund (L2RF).
- Conduct periodic or as requested field visits to the SIERY project sites in the governorates of Aden and Lahj for quality control.
- Review tender documents, evaluation criteria, bills of quantities, and technical specifications for project contracts.
- Review contracts and financial extracts and confirm their validity and integrity.
- Examine the estimated cost of business quantities and match them with market prices.
- Receive quantities, drawings, technical studies, and engineering designs, review them for compliance with required standards and specifications, and determine their acceptance or rejection.
- Review reports received from field engineers through project assistants, verify and match them in the field, and provide feedback to the project manager.
- Ensure that all reports are accompanied by supportive documents and means of verification for the site engineers, and that they are compatible with donor's requirements.
- Review any work plans submitted by the site engineers through the project assistants.
- Determine and clarify the technical aspects of the project to assistants and field engineers, follow up on the progress of work implementation, and ensure quality control and adherence to specifications.
- Follow up on the publication of project announcements and bids, and participate in technical and financial analysis.
- Participate in the delivery and receipt of project sites.
- Review environmental and social management plans for projects, monitor adherence to occupational health and safety procedures, and address environmental and social impacts by implementing corrective actions.
- Follow up on the implementation of occupational health and safety procedures and environmental and social plans at project sites.
- Immediately bring to the attention of the Project Manager and Yemen Aid any issues related to contract variations or the necessity for approval of such variations.
- Support the MEAL officer by providing technical reports, information, and required documents.
- Ensure the submission of quality reports to the Project Manager during the project implementation phases, including progress, weekly, monthly, quarterly, and end reports, as requested.
- Provide timely monitoring and quality assurance reporting on the implementation of the SIERY Project.
In addition to the above-mentioned tasks, the Quality Assurance Officer should comply with any additional directions given by the direct supervisor.
Required Qualifications and Competencies:
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or Electrical Engineering.
- Minimum of 3 years of working experience with INGOs or NGOs in both humanitarian and development contexts.
- Professional in writing routine reports and correspondence.
- Excellent management and organizational skills with the ability to multitask.
- Fluent spoken and written English required.
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to effectively present information and respond appropriately to questions from senior management, donors, and senior government leaders.
- Strong networking, leadership, and interpersonal skills are required.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work.
- Proficiency in computer skills (MS Office, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, and Outlook, in particular).
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل