Procurment Assistant 2 positions
The Logistics Assistant has the responsibility to assist in with the delivery of timely, effectiveness and accountable logistics support to the Save the Children field team in the country program.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Supply Chain Officer
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Assist the Supply Chain Officer ensure that programmer purchases are made in a timely and transparent manner, that Save the Children procurement policies and procedures are followed at an optimal quality/price, and that all procurement procedures are properly implemented;
- With the guidance of the Supply Chain Officer, prepare the procurement plans in consultation with the programmers and operations teams.
- Assists in the procurement of routine and non-routine procurements
- Develop sound partnerships with suppliers, contractors and relevant government agencies.
- Update the procurement tracker on a continuous basis and send a report on weekly basis to the Supply Chain Officer.
- Compiles documentation required for payments and sends to finance for processing in a timely manner.
- Proceeding the procurement processes, receiving PRs, distributing RFQs, collecting RFQs, preparing CBAs, procurement committee and minutes, vendors rating and selection, and Frame Work Agreement before placing orders and contracts in addition issuing tenders from procurement role from A to Z.
- Monitor the progress of all orders, to ensure they do not get delayed in the system and in the implementation of the program activities.
- Apply the value for money principles throughout the procurement processes by implementing sound suppliers / services provider offers comparison, physical quality check, search for the best price /etc.
- Monitor suppliers’ performance in terms of delivery schedules, adherence to quality and quantities
- Ensure Payment Request Forms are raised promptly after delivery of supplies or completion of services.
- Ensure all suppliers invoices are delivered on time for payment process & Prepare payment packs, get all payment authorizations and record & copy all payments before forwarding to finance for processing.
- Manage and maintain all of procurement filing, electronic and hardcopy, and ensure that files are complete, correct and include all relevant documentation to meet audit requirements.
Transport and fleet:
- Ensure vehicle fleet management complies with SCI standards through appropriate allocation and safe use of vehicles.
- In conjunction with the driver compile the monthly reports on vehicle mileage, fuel consumption, repairs and maintenance and submit in a timely manner to the Supply Chain Officer.
- Support in drafting movement plans and submit it to the Supply Chain Officer by Thursday morning on a weekly basis.
- Ensure that all incoming assets are registered in the asset database before issuing them to the requesters and field offices.
- Carry out regular and annual asset verification.
- Assist the Supply Chain Officer in maintaining the asset register including updating on acquisitions, maintenance management, transfers, valuations, current user, status and location.
- Plan and execute the asset verification on a quarterly basis and update the register; report on any variances.
- Reports any damages or loss of equipment or assets in a timely manner.
- Ensure all assets are tagged accordingly.
- With the assistance of the Supply Chain Officer, implement effective and positive coordination with the warehouse officer and suppliers to ensure on time delivery of items.
- Comply with Save the Children policies and practice with respect to child protection, code of conduct, health and safety, equal opportunities and other relevant policies and procedures.
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS (our Values in Practice)
- Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values.
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
- Creates a managerial environment to lead, enable and maintain our culture of child safeguarding.
Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
Future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to; builds and maintains effective relationships with colleagues, members and external partners and supporters.
- Works collaboratively to achieve shared goals and thrives on diversity of people and perspectives; knows when to lead and when to follow and how to ensure effective cross-boundary working.
- Communicates clearly and confidently with others to engage and influence; promotes dialogue and ensures timely and appropriate messages, building confidence and trust.
- Invests time and energy to actively develop self and others to help realise their full potential, and to build the organisation’s capability for the future.
- Applies the required technical and professional expertise to the highest standards; promotes and shares best practice within and outside the organization.
- Develops and implements innovative solutions to adapt and succeed in ever-changing and uncertain global and working environments.
- Takes effective, considered and timely decisions by gathering and evaluating relevant information from within or outside the organization.
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency, builds trust and confidence.
- Displays consistent excellent judgement.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- University degree in business administration or other discipline relevant to management and administrations.
- Minimum 3 years relevant experience of logistics support, including procurement, warehousing and stock control, goods distribution, and transportation and vehicle fleet management in large international non-governmental organisation or other international relief/development body.
- Ability to support the development of personal security and evacuation procedures.
- Experience in vehicle and fleet management.
- Experience in distribution of food and NFIs (non-food items).
Additional job responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Health and Safety
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with SCI Health and Safety policies and procedures.
Employee Status: Fixed Term
Closing Date: May 19, 2022
How to Apply
To apply for this job please click on Procurement Assistant
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل