Data Entry Officer This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
National Staff Position
- Job site: Position (Aden)
- Position: Data Entry Officer
- Report to: MEAL Unit
- Status: Fulltime
Project Title: Mainstreaming COVAX into the Expanded Program of Immunization (EPI) on PHC level in 7 out 10 conflict fragile local health care systems staffed by incentivized INTERSOS teams delivering humanitarian projects Taiz, Lahj, Aden, Abyan, Hadramout, Hajja and Ibb.
INTERSOS experience in Lahj showed that a systemic approach in the response and referrals pathways form community to hospital level avoided the impact of weakening the EPI while running the COVID parallel immunization system. It also shows it is important to ensure Health Information System is adequately set-up to avoid the risk of duplication. Lastly, lessons can be drawn on the need to put more attention on the quality of IPC. Gaps in IPC were identified but limited resources at the time prevented an adequate response to them.
Through this project, INTERSOS aims to implement the lessons learnt and set the path for stronger program approach seeing the combination of Health & Nutrition funding coming together to collectively ensure a comprehensive provision of services – from capacity building, to quality of care at both health facilities and outreach through our mobile health teams.
The proposed intervention will contribute to reduced morbidity and mortality in Yemen by topping up the existing INTERSOS PHC services by including structured COVID/EPI services. The activities will be mainstreaming the COVAX COVID vaccines into the EPI in 7 HF in 7 governorates while ensuring free-of-charge access to quality PHC services.
Purpose / Objectives:
The Data Entry Officer is responsible to collect or compiled (from cross projects ) data from all the project sites on time, enter the data into database, analyze and submit draft top Deputy . Once community primary Health Care EPICOVID feedback resolved. trending will be submitted quarterly and including data quality gaps analysis for EPICOVID activities register from cross projects
The updated data submitted to MEAL, Grants and programs as part of the PAT to appropriate actors.
The Data Entry Officer is responsible for adhering to protection principles and ensuring confidentiality while collecting and storing the data. The data entry officer will work under the direct CPHC & EPICOVID supervision of the Deputy Project Manager with additional supervision from the Project Manager and MEAL officer to ensure data quality and confidentiality principles are adhered to.
- Prepare, compile and sort documents for data entry.
- Assist in the development of forms for data collection and analysis and templates for data entry if requested and ensure that the staff are using the up-to-date data collection forms.
- Ensure collection and entry of all data identified by project managers for collection (e.g., morbidity, mortality, surveillance of diseases of epidemics, nutrition, vaccinations, psychological and women’s health, etc) into the appropriate data management system while ensuring quality of data
- Manage the databases by ensuring accurate data entry, clean up, storage and regularly update, maintain existing database system records;
- Supervise the incentivized field teams to regularly compiling data uploading data from smart tools to KoBo platform;
- Coordinate field visits with the team and cross projects to spot check and hands-on training on data review against the registration forms and correct any incompatibilities, if possible, and check the output.
- Provide basic data and trend analysis, and present findings on a weekly and monthly basis as required by the project manager linking up EPICOVID and CPHC services quality GAPS analysis with the deputy
- Manage project files and make sure a hard-copy folder and an electronic folder are assigned to the project with initial documentation inserted, and that existing files are kept updated.
- Support the M&E officers in the following areas: routine data review, verification and validation, conducting periodic DQA.
- Follow protection guiding principle, ensure confidentially and keep/store information in a private manner.
- Support in conducting assessments and community visits as needed, facilitate focus groups and other qualitative data collection exercises;
- Translate any documents related to the activity implementation when requested
- Secures information by completing data base backups;
- Perform any other task assign by the supervisor
- Always ensure confidentiality and conduct all activities respectfully and sensitively to beneficiaries and staff.
- Participate on the MPM monthly task forces, quarterly steering committees to community and Authorities. Deputy meetings and H&NCo rounds
- Do attend to the onboarding project week sessions as per H&NCO SoPs.
- Do attend to CB internally and externally outsourced,
- Any other task required and agreed a upon with H&NCo team, MPM, Cross projects and MEAL, programs , etc
Overall, these tasks require:
- Adherence to Humanitarian principles of Neutrality, Impartiality, Independence, and Humanity
- Clear & timely communications to line management
- Full abiding by INTERSOS internal rules and guidelines and respect INTERSOS Charter of Value and Code of Ethics
- Batchelor degree in computer science, Information Technology or related discipline. Advanced university degree would be an asset;
- Relevant professional experience of not less than 2 years in similar positions;
- Proven technical expertise managing data and information cycle: from data collection, processing, storage, and analysis for diverse datasets as well as presenting information in understandable, effective and visually appealing tables, charts, graphs, maps, visuals and reports.
- Prior experience in working and/or coordinating with other NGOs;
- Technical understanding of core protection concepts, prevention and response strategies in line with best practices;
- Prior experience with treating sensitive data (People with Specific Needs);
- Good knowledge of protection concepts and principles;
- Excellent computer skills (proven computer literacy), especially in excel;
- Report writing skills
- Strong analytical skills;
- Familiarity with Smart Tools for Data Collection (KoBo, ODK, etc.);
- Readiness to commit and adhere to the values, mission and vision of INTERSOS
- Native Arabic – EXCELLENT written and spoken English; writing english a plus
- Excellent analytical skills and observation capacity;
- Attention to detail and structured way of approaching tasks;
- Able to ensure quick quality delivery in stressful environment;
- Ability to adhere to deadlines and respect line management;
- Ability to deal with heavy work pressure;
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل