Ended Executive Director
Deadline: December 15, 2018
Duration: one year renewable
Yemen Alkhair for Relief and Development-(YARD)
Yemen AlKhair relief and development foundation known as (YARD) is a national and nongovernmental foundation that was established in 2013, It is mainly working in field of Education, Wash & Sanitation, Food Security, Nutrition, Health, Protection, Shelter and social empowerment in all the Governorates of Yemen.
We are seeking a national, highly qualified individual, to fill in the position of the executive director to lead the foundation and implement its vision and strategy throughout the upcoming phase.
The Executive Director is the Chief Executive Officer YARD Foundation. She/he is responsible for the overall leadership and management of the YARD’s operational and administrative functions. Working under the guidance of the YARD policy, the Executive Director defines the institution’s strategic vision, and is accountable for its implementation and the results achieved.
The Executive Director reports to Chief of YARD Board, executive board and Board of trustee. Working closely with the leadership of the YARD Board and its standing committees, and with the Office of the Inspector General, the Executive Director’s primary responsibilities are as set out below Managing Finance, People and Systems:
- Manage the overall operations and staff of the foundation through direct supervision and delegation.
- Plan, and implement the strategic plans in a manner that ensures the achievement of the foundational goals.
- Develop the infrastructure and operational capacity to prepare it for expansion throughout the country.
- Ensure timely delivery of the services and activities in the targeted communities.
- Monitor and track the performance of the teams and correct any problems or issues that emerge during the implementation of the operations
- Manage partnerships with different stakeholders, including the donor community, and other counterparts in the ground, such as INGOs, NGOs…etc/
- Coordinate with other relevant governmental and non-governmental entities to facilitate the implementation of the activities in the best way possible.
- Actively seek support for the activities from different shareholders and stakeholders to ensure expansion of operations.
- Present annual financial budgets for Board approval that link to operational workplans, and more routinely throughout the fiscal year, multiyear resource projections for the transparent management of resources;
- Work closely with the Chief Financial Officer to ensure the overall transparent and effective financial and administrative functionality of the Foundation and its assets.
- Oversee the management and implementation of all organizational contracts according to corporate procurement systems and practices that deliver value for money and focus on the primary work of the Foundation.
To safeguard and continually strengthen the effectiveness, reputation, and profile of the Foundation, the Executive Director will work closely with the YARD Fundraising and its committees to:
- Build and maintain effective alliances and operational collaboration with public and private partners, such as governments of implementing INGOs , United Nations agencies, bilateral donors, nongovernmental organizations, the business sector, civil society actors, and communities .
- Represent the YARD and its work with external stakeholders to build effective partnerships with public and private entities to support the work of the YARD;
- Interact with governments at the highest political level to advocate for an appropriate level of national resources to be directed to at risk populations;
Job Requirement (Qualification and Experience)
- Education: A University Degree in development, management, finance, or in a related area.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in managing projects in the areas of food security, relief, livelihood, sustainable development or a related field.
- Working knowledge in financially managing large amounts of funds in conflict-affected areas.
- Project Operational Management experience including the ability to handle HR, procurements, information and communication technology, finance, and logistics.
- Fluency in both Arabic and English languages.
Interested candidates should send their CVs in English with cover letter to
firstname.lastname@example.org not later than December 15, 2018
putting the job title as the email subject to be considered.