Ended Senior AME Officer
Senior Appraisal, Monitoring and Evaluation (AME) Officer – Aden
ACTED Organization Summary:
Since 1993, as an international non-governmental organization, ACTED has been committed to immediate humanitarian relief to support those in urgent need and protect people’s dignity, while co-creating longer term opportunities for sustainable growth and fulfilling people’s potential.
ACTED endeavors to respond to humanitarian crises and build resilience; promote inclusive and sustainable growth; co-construct effective governance and support the building of civil society worldwide by investing in people and their potential. ACTED is active in 37 countries and implements more than 450 projects a year reaching over 8 million beneficiaries with 400 international staff and 4,300 national staff.
ACTED has been present in Yemen since early 2012 and has been anchored to the governorates of Hodeidah, Raymah, Ibb, Ad-Dhalee, Saadah and Al Jawf.
Through its comprehensive programming ACTED has been covering the full continuum of emergency, rehabilitation and development in Yemen. Emergency activities have focused in the sectors of Agriculture & Food Security (e.g. distribution of crop seeds, and livestock), Economic Recovery and Market Systems (e.g. income-generating activities such as cash for work), and WASH (e.g. rehabilitation of water supply facilities, hygiene promotion). ACTED’s food security activities include distribution of food vouchers, which are a key component of ACTED’s interventions in the country.
ACTED Organization is pleased to announce the below job vacancy with the following details:
Position: Senior Appraisal, Monitoring and Evaluation (AME) Officer
Contract Type: Fixed term
Contract Duration: 6 months
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
The Senior Appraisal, Monitoring and Evaluation (AME) Officer is responsible for the following in Aden base:
Appraisal, Monitoring and Evaluation Systems
Technical and Systems Development
- Contribute to the development and updating of the country AME strategy, the consolidated AME work plan and AME frameworks for all ongoing projects;
- Ensure that AME findings are reflected and their recommendations are incorporated in future concept notes, proposals and implementation plans;
- Implement the AME policies and procedures as described in the ACTED AME standard guidelines and make sure that the tools are followed as applicable;
- Contribute to an effective roll-out of M&E collection and reporting systems to all staff and partners through training, site visits, manuals, and other technical support as needed.
AME Implementation and Management
- Develop the ToRs and mission plans and carry out assessments, monitoring and evaluations (baselines, mid-terms, endlines) as reflected in the ToR and mission plan;
- Develop and oversee the implementation of appropriate data collection and analysis instruments, methodologies (e.g. survey questionnaires, focus group discussions, key-informant interviews) and data/information dissemination/utilization plans;
- Closely supervise data collection activities and ensure that data collection teams are organized and resourced as needed, and that they deliver as per field mission plans and according to data quality standards;
- Maintain electronic and/or paper-based MIS systems for tracking and reporting all quantitative data and information including reporting on ACTED’s 16 global strategic program indicators;
- Analyze AME data and produce reports, factsheets with useful statistical analysis and presentation (charts, tables, histograms, box plots) as necessary in a timely manner;
- Measure and report on qualitative and quantitative input, process, output, outcome, impact, objective, and goal-level performance indicators for all projects;
- Provide data to the Project Development Team for use in preparation of reports to donors and other stakeholders, as required;
- Contribute to donor proposals and fundraising efforts (particularly logical-framework designs, formulation of SMART indicators and AME budgets) and reports;
- Provide AME related capacity building and awareness to implementing partners and other institutions supported by ACTED as appropriate;
- Represent ACTED in different forums on AME related issues when required.
- Contribute to proactive dissemination and use of knowledge gained through AME activities among Project Managers, Technical Coordinators and Project Development Manager/Officers;
- Contribute to organizing and facilitating learning events in order to capture best practices and lessons learnt when a project closes or as required;
- Document and share the lessons learnt and best practices on time and ensure that the knowledge gained contributes to the improvement of projects and influence the strategic development of future projects and activities;
- Support project implementation and improvement by providing timely information around project successes to be scaled up as well as challenges to allow ‘course correction’ throughout life of the program.
Beneficiary Complaints and Response Mechanism
Contribution to the Beneficiary CRM
- Contributing to the implementation of the beneficiary Complaints and Response Mechanism (CRM) for the country mission in line with ACTED standard beneficiary CRM procedures;
- Contribute to the proper management of the project CRM central database;
- Build capacity and understanding among ACTED staff, partners and contractors on beneficiary accountability and CRM.
AME Team Management
- Ensure that staff under the direct responsibility understand and are able to perform their roles and responsibilities;
- Manage AME Assistants, Monitors and Enumerators delineating their responsibilities and follow-up the work plans and day-to-day activities;
- Ensure a positive working environment and good team dynamics;
- Manage interpersonal conflicts among team members;
- Undertake regular appraisals of relevant staff;
- Identify the AME training needs of team members and discuss plans with the AME Manager for both internal and external trainings;
- Coach, train, and mentor AME Assistants, Monitors and Enumerators with the aim of strengthening their technical capacity, exchanging knowledge within the AME team;
- Provide regular and timely updates on progress and challenges to supervisors and other team members;
- Participate in AME-related conferences and workshops when possible and stay up to date of best practices and new knowledge created in the field of AME;
- Perform any other related activities as assigned by immediate supervisor.
Job Requirement (Qualification and Experience):
- Fluency in Arabic and at least working proficiency in English (written and spoken). The working language of the office is English.
- Experience with monitoring and evaluation of humanitarian programs in Yemen.
- Experience drafting tools for qualitative and quantitative data collection (e.g. focus group discussions, household surveys, market surveys).
- Experience coordinating data collection in the field.
- Experience analyzing qualitative and quantitative data.
- Strong experience as project manager for (I)NGO is preferred.
- Ability to work in autonomy.
- Experience in team and project management. Strong communication skills necessary (written and spoken).
- Competence in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel. Experience using other statistical software or Open Data Kit or Kobo Toolbox preferred.
- Ability to travel to field locations as necessary.
- Ability to operate in challenging environment requiring flexibility.
- Qualified candidates meeting the above requirements are requested to send an application comprising a detailed CV in English to firstname.lastname@example.org
- PLEASE state in the subject line of the e-mail: "Aden-Senior AME Officer”.
- The closing date for applications is Thursday 6 December 2018.
- Candidates must rename CV & Cover letter: (First & Surname + Aden-Senior AME Officer).
Contacting any ACTED staff member other than the contact details listed in regard to this job will result in disqualification