Ended Liaison Assistant
Liaison Assistant -Sanaa
ACTED Organization Summary:
Since 1993, as an international non-governmental organization, ACTED has been committed to immediate humanitarian relief to support those in urgent need and protect people’s dignity, while co-creating longer term opportunities for sustainable growth and fulfilling people’s potential.
ACTED endeavors to respond to humanitarian crises and build resilience; promote inclusive and sustainable growth; co-construct effective governance and support the building of civil society worldwide by investing in people and their potential. ACTED is active in 37 countries and implements more than 450 projects a year reaching over 8 million beneficiaries with 400 international staff and 4,300 national staff.
ACTED has been present in Yemen since early 2012 and has been anchored to the governorates of Hodeidah, Raymah, Ibb, Ad-Dhalee, Saadah and Al Jawf.
Through its comprehensive programming ACTED has been covering the full continuum of emergency, rehabilitation and development in Yemen. Emergency activities have focused in the sectors of Agriculture & Food Security (e.g. distribution of crop seeds, and livestock), Economic Recovery and Market Systems (e.g. income-generating activities such as cash for work), and WASH (e.g. rehabilitation of water supply facilities, hygiene promotion). ACTED’s food security activities include distribution of food vouchers, which are a key component of ACTED’s interventions in the country.
ACTED Organization is pleased to announce the below job vacancy with the following details:
Position: Liaison Assistant
Contract Type: Fixed term
Contract Duration: 6 months
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide assistance as required on Day to day liaison with Government counterparts of the project at national and support to local level and program team.
- Assist in collecting information, data and documents relevant to specific activities and liaise with reporting and project development department in completing all required paperwork under the government’s regulation
- Provide support in organizing meetings and consultation workshops under the project with the government’s counterpart should requested
- Provide assistance to ensure compilation of the project agreement(s), sub-agreements and relevant work permits and travel permits submitted and obtained from the government authorities.
- Provide assistance and follow up to ensure complete administration for visa related requirement of international staffs in Yemen’s mission
- Maintain a detailed and up to date Data Base and other records/information as reference point for administrative and liaison purpose.
- Assist in the processing of administrative issue and ensure a good filling system for all files and documents both hard and soft copy; and
- Carry out any other tasks as reasonably assigned by supervisor.
Job Requirement (Qualification and Experience)
- University degree in a relevant subject;
- At least two years of experience in a similar position, preferably with an INGO;
- Cross cultural awareness and sensitivity (esp. gender and ethnicity) is required
- Excellent interpersonal skills required, as well as the ability to communicate clearly and efficiently with a variety of audiences (e.g. beneficiaries, community committees, and other team members)
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and responsibilities, work efficiently under pressure and in changing circumstances
- Fluency in Arabic and English required
- Good computer literacy (Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point) required
- Qualified candidates meeting the above requirements are requested to send an application comprising a detailed CV in English to email@example.com
- PLEASE state in the subject line of the e-mail: "Liaison Assistant-Sanaa"
- The closing date for applications is Thursday, 6 December, 2018
- Candidates must rename CV & Covering letter as (First & Surname + Liaison Assistant-Sanaa).
“Due to the urgency of this appointment, interviews would be on a rolling basis and candidates may be identified before the closing date”
Contacting any ACTED staff member other than the contact details listed in regard to this job will result in disqualification