Ended Consortium MEAL Advisor
CARE International is currently seeking a Consortium MEAL Advisor. He/ She will be responsible for coordinating, providing technical support and guidance to consortium members on the monitoring of consortium program implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the Multi-sector Humanitarian Response Programme.
Consortium Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning Advisor
The Consortium MEAL Advisor reports to the Consortium Manager (CM) and works closely with other staff members and partner organizations in the consortium. S/he will be responsible for coordinating, providing technical support and guidance to consortium members on the monitoring of consortium program implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the Multi-sector Humanitarian Response Programme. S/he will also be expected to support the Consortium to conduct cross learning and accountability initiatives, design and carry out research that cuts across all consortium agencies, and to hold structured and succinct consortium meetings on regular basis.
Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL):
- Responsible for overall tracking of consortium progress towards achieving program impact, outcomes, outputs and corresponding indicators
- Responsible for managing the overarching programme Monitoring tools together with the Consortium Manager
- Provide technical support to develop and implement robust MEAL systems for the consortium program including developing of standard customized data collection tools to be used by all partners.
- With support from MEAL Working Group, periodically collect /collate monitoring data and information from consortium partners, analyze and provide recommendations for improvement.
- Ensure data being gathered remains in line with project outcomes, milestones and indicators, and that there is a system in place to track community contributions, learning outcomes, and other requirements as per program design.
- Conduct regular monitoring visits with consortium staff members to verify progress of program and accuracy of data, and make recommendations for improvements.
- Ensure consortium partners have functional complaints and feedback mechanism able to generate sufficient information. Document, provide analysis and recommendations to the consortium from information received through this mechanism.
- Support documentation and sharing of program quality case studies during joint consortium partner’s forums to advance learning.
- Provide tailored coaching and training for consortium partner staff to improve quality data collection and reporting
Communication and Coordination:
- Lead the consortium MEAL Technical Working Groups so as to support consortium members to support the Consortium Programme Management Unit on key MEAL issues, harmonizing MEAL tools/approaches, and sharing best practices
- With support from the Programme Quality Coordinator and CARE Member, coordinate all MEAL consultancies like baseline and end-line surveys and thematic focused researches
- Assist the Consortium Manager in effective coordination between the partners to ensure integrated programs with special focus on the joint areas of operations
- Support effective mechanisms for information sharing and learning among Consortium partners at the national and field levels through the Consortium’s Working Group
- Coordinate with stakeholders (INGOs, UN, local NGOs, local authorities and community leaders) based on participation principles to enable effective learning and sharing
- Strengthen field level consortium partner’s MEAL coordination and sharing of information.
Documentation and Reporting:
- Organize and maintain a filing system for documents, data such as (baseline surveys, monitoring, evaluations, statements, etc.)
- Compile regular Programme Management Unit (PMU) activity reports, in a timely manner, to the Consortium Manager, including challenges to overcome with recommendations on how to do so and lessons learned from the project
- Document success stories in a way that reflects the impact of the project intervention.
- Maintain accurate and up to date information of the PMU.
- Support the consortium manager in review and consolidation of quarterly progress and final reports, ensuring accurate and verified data in consortium consolidated reports.
- Represent the PMU in all delegated meetings or workshops
- Perform any other consortium related duties as assigned from time to time.
- BSc/BA in Development or Humanitarian studies or any related field Post gr Post Graduate qualifications in monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning
- At least 5 years of direct project management experience (planning, monitoring, evaluation of large programs) in humanitarian context, including in a leading position.
- Experience in coordination and liaison of INGOs and UN
- Hands-on experience in design and M&E of development, recovery and emergency projects
- Knowledge of evaluation instruments, results-based management, work planning, budgeting and reporting
- Excellent computer skills
- Familiarity with basic data analysis tools/software eg MS Excel, SPSS etc.
- Fluency in speaking and writing, in both Arabic and English
- Ability to travel to rural /remote areas
- Good organizational and analysis skills, creative problems solving skills, good communication skills and ability to handle multiple tasks.
Interested applicants should send a CV and a cover letter (English) by December 6th 2018 to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading ‘Consortium MEAL Advisor’. Please do not apply unless you meet minimum application requirements, otherwise you will not be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.