Ended Procurement Officer
Contract type: Fixed Term
Position grade: NOA
Contract duration: 12 months (with possibility of extension)
Duty Station: Sana’a Country Office, Yemen
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
Education: Advanced University degree in Economics, Supply Chain, Commerce, Business Administration, Legal or Accounting or other relevant field, or First University degree with an additional relevant work experience and/or training/courses.
Language: Fluency (level C) in English and Arabic languages.
Working Experience: At least five years of relevant working experience with increasing responsibilities; at least 3 years of working experience at project management level.
Nationality: The applicant should be a Yemeni national
To collect, analyse and report on information to maximise efficiency of procurement operations and activities
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
Under the direct supervision of the head of Country Office Procurement unit, the incumbent will perform the following duties:
- Responsible for food procurement business processes including contract performance
- Follow up on delivery and Q & Q , Contracts Database Management, SPR reports, Food Procurement weekly updates,
- Responsible for procurement and operational activities, (e.g. issue tenders, evaluate offers and negotiate/award contracts), following standard processes and contributing to successful procurement of food and related non-food commodities or services.
- Undertakeanalysis of data to provide recommendations for process improvement.
- Responsible for preparing monthly Food Procurement Updates
- Develop presentations and training materials for commercial delears and other on food procurement process, CV-TN, food supply agreements.
- Act as the Purchasing and Contracts Committee secretary for food.
- As a national Focal Point for Food Procurement undertake solicitation, evaluation, preparation of CCTI note) when necessary
- The incumbent would also ensure proper management and monitoring of performance bonds for high value contracts as part of performance risk management mitigation measures.
- Review and provide advice on the procedures for mitigating and documenting food quality and safety issues e.g. during food transportation and storage in warehouses or commercial outlets for CV-TN
- The incumbent would also supervise the Procurement Assistant G6 as a deputy focal point for local food procurement/commercial entity contracting
- Act in an assigned emergency response capacity as required to meet emergency food assistance needs.
4Ps CORE ORGANISATIONAL CAPABILITIES
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Understands WFP’s Strategic Objectives and the link to own work objectives.
- Be a force for positive change: Flexibly adapts individual contributions to accommodate changes in direction from supervisors and internal/external changes (such as evolving needs of beneficiaries, new requirements of partners).
- Make the mission inspiring to our team: Recognizes and shares with team members the ways in which individual contributions relate to WFP’s mission.
- Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Sets own goals in alignment with WFP’s overall operations, and is able to communicate this link to others.
- Look for ways to strengthen people's skills: Assesses own strengths and weaknesses to increase self-awareness, and includes these in conversations on own developmental needs.
- Create an inclusive culture: Participates in open dialogue, and values the diverse opinion of others, regardless of background, culture, experience, or country assignment.
- Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Proactively seeks feedback and coaching to build confidence, and develop and improve individual skills.
- Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Participates in accomplishing team activities and goals in the face of challenging circumstances.
- Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Shows willingness to explore and experiment with new ideas and approaches in own work.
- Focus on getting results: Consistently delivers results within individual scope of work on time, on budget and without errors.
- Make commitments and make good on commitments: Commits to upholding individual accountabilities and responsibilities in the face of ever-changing country or functional priorities.
- Be Decisive: Makes rational decisions about individual activities when faced with uncertain circumstances, including in times of ambiguity regarding information or manager direction.
- Connect and share across WFP units: Seeks to understand and adapt to internal or cross-unit teams’ priorities and preferred working styles.
- Build strong external partnerships: Demonstrates ability to understand and appropriately respond to and/or escalate needs of external partners.
- Be politically agile & adaptable: Portrays an informed and professional demeanor toward internal and external partners and stakeholders.
- Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Provides operational support on analyses and assessments that quantifies and demonstrates WFP’s unique value as a partner.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
- The critical skills and competencies would include excellent communications (written and oral), negotiation and dialogue skills as well as analytical skills, proficiency in information management system (SAP e.g. WINGS II functions or equivalent for procurement including e-tendering)
- Experience handling routine transactions/ purchase of commodities/goods/services.
- Experience developing timelines and cost reports for suppliers (e.g. retailers, wholesalers and traders).
- Demonstrated experience coordinating procurement processes with other units/ teams (e.g., logisticsAdministration).
- Risk management skills
- Experience handling routine transactions/ purchase of commodities/goods/services
To view the job description and apply to this vacancy, please go to:
1.Create your online CV
2.Click on “Apply”
3.Click on Create an account