Ended ME Officer
Position: ME Officer
Report to: ME Manager
No. of positions: one position
Contract duration: One year
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) is one of the world's leading crisis response agencies, providing life-saving assistance and supporting recovery and reconstruction for people hit by war and natural disasters globally. Active in public health, education, livelihoods, women's empowerment, youth development, and protection and promotion of legal rights for the vulnerable and displaced, IRC aims to accompany people on their journey from harm to home
Working under the supervision and guidance of the Monitoring & Evaluation Manager (M&EM), the M&E Officer will be based in IRC Field Office in Aden, with frequent travels to other governorates in Yemen. The position will work closely with all Program staff in the field to implement the IRC Yemen Monitoring & Evaluation commitments in the field, improve program quality through improved data management systems and processes. The position will also act as focal point for Measurement in the Field Office.
The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer is responsible for managing day to day M&E issues arising in the Field / Office and providing technical support to the Project Teams to ensure effective implementation of projects.
Functions and Responsibilities:
- Provide direct support to the Monitoring and Evaluation process of all the projects in the field site.
- Help projects adhere to the MfA standards.
- Supervise data entry process and provide complete, accurate and consistent data to Managers in the field to ease Data Analysis and Action Planning.
- Take part to all Project Data Analysis and Action Planning meetings in the field, acting as data specialist.
- Keep the database up to date and help program staff prepare periodic high quality reports.
- Assess the M&E technical capacity and needs in the Field office, prepare a capacity-building plan to discuss with the M&E Manager. Implement the agreed capacity-building plan.
- Assists program staff with surveys design, implementation and results analysis and presentation.
- Conducts regular field monitoring visits to assess the conformity of data reported and source documents data.
- Submits regular updates on Monitoring and evaluation activities in the field site to the M&E Manager (i.e. Monthly indicator tracking sheets).
- Ensure field program staff in the field access to M&E resources and feedback IRC Yemen staff with knowledge from Project implementation; Train field staff in M&E as required and planned in conjunction with the M&E Manager.
- Support and follow-up on any evaluation conducted in the field site.
- Represent IRC Yemen at intra- and- inter agency M&E coordination forums.
- Assist the M&E Manager in developing and dispatching IRC Yemen Program visibility external communication materials.
- Foster good relationship and team spirit with program and Operations staff in the field.
- Performs any other M&E tasks assigned by the M&E Manager or his/her supervisor.
- Sign off and abide to team building principles in the field of assignment and within IRC in general (The IRC Way standards).
- Promote high performance environment in the field.
- Promote and have an innovation and learning mind.
Specific skills for the post:
- Competence in using Information Technology (IT) including Word, Excel.
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
- Fluent command of English.
- Ability to communicate clearly, concisely and effectively.
- Ability to work in multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural contexts.
- Ability to work under pressure of deadlines.
Qualifications and experience:
- Post-Graduate degree Social Science, Development or related discipline or College degree with a minimum of 2 years’ experience in M&E.
- Proven technical skills in Monitoring and Evaluation at field level;
- Experience in qualitative and quantitative data collection and analysis.
- Strong data interpretation skills, report writing and presentation skills.
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation
Interested candidates should send their CVs in English to email@example.com not later than 08 Dec 2018 putting the job title as the email subject to be considered.
Qualified women are especially encouraged to apply. IRC is an equal opportunity Employer. Only short listed candidates will be contacted