Ended Education Program Manager
Re-Advertising Education Program Manager – Amran -
Contract length: 2 years
The Manager will be based in Amran Field Office/Yemen overseeing the Education Programme Interventions. In addition to directly managing grants in these areas, the Manager will be expected to lead on programme planning, oversight of project implementation, recruitment and procurement. The Manager will contribute to project design and strategy as well as leading on proposal development and grant reporting.
Key areas of accountability:
- Overall responsible for the implementation of Education activities ensuring that services are delivered on time, on budget and in compliance with donor regulations
- Provide technical guidance to Education team, in collaboration with the Education Technical Advisors, in all areas of the Education ensuring that implementation methods/approaches are consistent with acknowledged standards/good practice and achieve sustainable results
- Cooperate and liaise regularly with local level stakeholders and support the field team in the development of regular revisions to, and in compliance with, community and donor agreements for implementation of the education and child protection projects.
- Ensure adequate support to Education staff on planning, implementation, M&E and regular review of programmes/projects under their responsibility.
- Manage project budget, including phased budgets, monthly budget forecasting and budget revisions when needed
- Monitor project progress against both programmatic, along with the Education Advisor and budgetary targets, making adjustments to project implementation plans as necessary
- Arrange and facilitate Education quarterly sectoral reviews/planning meetings with Education staff team to ensure timely and quality implementation of interventions.
- Prepare timely and high quality project and donor reports on project activities in compliance with internal SC requirements and any relevant external donor requirements.
Needs Analysis and Program Design:
- Support the Education Advisors with the design and planning required for assessments, baselines, and evaluations.
- Support the Technical Advisers in developing project concepts and donor proposals in close coordination with logistics, finance and grants unit and ensure participation of the field team, plus beneficiaries, in proposal development
- Prior to proposal submission, identify implementation methodology (direct versus indirect) undertaking consultation with partners and initial partner proposal work
- Contribute to country level contingency plans and where possible, integrate contingency planning
Monitoring, Evaluation and Accountability
- Work with the Education and MEAL team to develop M&E and indicator tracking plans for the Education Programme , inputting into the development of additional M&E tools as necessary to monitor project progress
- With the Education Advisor and MEAL team, ensure appropriate, timely and accurate data collection at all Education staffing levels against agreed indicators to enable both internal and external reporting
Staff Management, Mentorship, and Development
- Strategically plan staffing needs within the operations component of the Education sectors at Field Office level, within budget parameters, and including volunteers.
- Ensure that all Education field staff understand and are able to perform their role, identifying areas of development as noted earlier.
- Manage the performance of all Education staff through effective use of the Develop to Perform System including the establishment of clear, measureable objectives, on-going feedback, periodic constructive reviews.
- Provide on-going technical support staff supervision of Education staff at Field Office level.
Capacity Building and Staff Management:
- Support the Education Technical Advisers in developing capacity building plans for the Education team, Government Officials, PTAs and school staff.
- Provide day to day coaching on technical and programme management skills to the Education team, and support dissemination of capacity building to the team
- Work with the Education Advisor to identify learning needs and opportunities for Save the Children staff and work as a mentor and role model.
- Ensure that the capacity building of the Education team is planned within budget parameters, as well as realistic within the implementation plans of the project.
- Support Partnership Advisor on identification, assessment and engagement of Education partners at Field Office level.
- Support partners in developing programme/project implementation work plans, budgets and M&E plans and other required documentation related their engagement and programme implementation/management.
- Work closely with Partnership Advisor in assessing partner capacity, developing partner development plans and their implementation to improve partner performance.
- Lead on monitoring partner activities and participate in periodic partner review meetings.
Representation & Advocacy & Organisational Learning:
- Ensure that referral systems between all sectors and different agencies working in the area are in place
- Regularly coordinate and collaborate with all other program managers and program team to support high quality inter-sectoral programming and strengthen programmatic synergies and impact for children
- Support representation with donors and other entities needs as required by Education Technical Advisor.
- Regularly attend Education Cluster and Sub-cluster meetings at Field Office level.
- Comply with Save the Children policies and practice with respect to child safeguarding, code of conduct, health and safety, equal opportunities and other relevant policies and procedures.
- A Bachelors degree in Education, Social Studies, International Development Studies, or in a relevant subject, or a BA with equivalent field experience.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- At least 3 years of management experience in Education in emergencies programming or in fragile states
- Previous experience in Yemen context
- Previous experience of managing an Education team at national level
- Proven capacity to supervise, and coach staff in Education technical skills and programme management
- Experience of, and commitment to, working through systems of community and child participation and accountability
- Ability to analyse information, evaluate options and to think and plan strategically
- Ability to write clear and well-argued assessment and project reports
- A team player who is able to work collaboratively with people of diverse backgrounds
- Politically and culturally sensitive with qualities of patience, tact and diplomacy
- A high level of written and spoken English and Arabic
- Commitment to the aims, principles and values of Save the Children.
- Experience in capacity building and training of local authorities, and education stakeholders regarding education in emergency programming.
Additional job responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
If you are interested, please send your applications to Amran.email@example.com
please mention the Position and Duty Station on your Subject line.
This position is open to Yemeni nationals only
We are looking for both men and women from Yemen with enthusiasm and commitment to improve the protection and promotion of the rights of all children in Yemen
All applicants will be subject to Save the Children’s Child safe guardian Policy and Reference Checking Process.