Ended Procurement Officer
Procurement Officer – Based in Aden & Lahj
Under the direct line management of Logistics Coordinator (L.C) the role will play a pivotal role to assist L.C in harmonising logistical processes including procurement, warehouse and inventory, GIK and asset Management. Work with LC, Finance, and Programme teams to ensure systems and procedures are adhered to, reviewed, and updated as appropriate.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Support the field office with logistics requests as guided by the Country Logistics Manager / logistic field coordinator , BSM and Field Office Manager
- Provide advice and support to the programme on logistics whilst providing timely reports including Weekly Procurement Tracker and Monthly KPI reporting.
- Ensure systems in place to monitor pipeline and procurement expenditure on a monthly basis and finance monthly payment projections and program procurement plan .
- Ensure that Save the Children minimum standards and logistics policies are implemented and adhered to in the field office and that the requirements of the donor are also adhered.
- Carry out any required procurement, including Emergency Procurement, in compliance with SCI Standard guidelines, procedures and forms (Purchase Orders, Goods Received Notes, etc.
- Provide logistics support to Logistics staff based on agreed priorities
- Plan and follow up FWA for the office to facilitate work and service delivery.
- Support fleet in managing the fuel stock in Aden office and related reports.
- Assist in coordination with procurement requesters, warehouse responsible, and suppliers on the reception of goods.
- Establish a good relation with suppliers, and assist in building up a detailed suppliers’ database with their related documentations.
- Support in control and lead the asset management for Aden office.
- Update, monitor and coordinate all Gift-In kind (GIK) management issues at area level as well as provide support to field logistics team; this includes safety / security and timely reporting as per respective donor prerequisites and SCI GIK management procedures.
- Establish a robust filing system for all fleet monthly reports, vehicles Framework contracts, vehicles documents including electronic back up.
- Assist LC to update and analyse logistics Trackers Data on monthly basis to gauge the guidelines are in place.
- Track procurements including cargo movements and monitoring of supply “pipeline” to ensure more timely deliveries.
- Assist in implementing effective stock management and administration systems, thoroughly monitoring stock levels and advising on appropriate stocking and replenishment to meet project demands.
- Insure good work documentation including archive and back up system.
- Do any other tasks related to the job title whenever asked by line manager.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- 1-3 experience in Logistics with NGO.
- Experience in supply chain management, including procurement, transport and distribution, warehouse, stock management and basic comprehension of cold chain.
- Experience of vehicle and fleet management (mechanical knowledge a plus)
- Experience in distributions of NFIs and/or emergency food distributions
- Excellent interpersonal and team skills
- Excellent IT skills
- Written and spoken Arabic and with a good working proficiency of English
- Key flexibility for a roving role in a demanding, complex and insecure environment.
- Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children’s aims, values and principles. To recognise the need to be independent, neutral and impartial when at all possible.
- Relevant qualifications or training courses.
We are looking for both men and women from Yemen with enthusiasm and commitment to improve the protection and promotion of the rights of all children in Yemen.
All applicants will be subject to Save the Children’s Child safe guarding Policy and Reference Checking Process.
Interested candidates should submit their application through this link.
The deadline for receiving applications is 09/12/2018
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted