Ended Accountability Officer
ACTED Organization Summary:
Since 1993, as an international non-governmental organization, ACTED has been committed to immediate humanitarian relief to support those in urgent need and protect people’s dignity, while co-creating longer term opportunities for sustainable growth and fulfilling people’s potential.
ACTED endeavors to respond to humanitarian crises and build resilience; promote inclusive and sustainable growth; co-construct effective governance and support the building of civil society worldwide by investing in people and their potential. ACTED is active in 37 countries and implements more than 450 projects a year reaching over 8 million beneficiaries with 400 international staff and 4,300 national staff.
ACTED has been present in Yemen since early 2012 and has been anchored to the governorates of Hodeidah, Raymah, Ibb, Ad-Dhalee, Saadah and Al Jawf.
Through its comprehensive programming ACTED has been covering the full continuum of emergency, rehabilitation and development in Yemen. Emergency activities have focused in the sectors of Agriculture & Food Security (e.g. distribution of crop seeds, and livestock), Economic Recovery and Market Systems (e.g. income-generating activities such as cash for work), and WASH (e.g. rehabilitation of water supply facilities, hygiene promotion). ACTED’s food security activities include distribution of food vouchers, which are a key component of ACTED’s interventions in the country.
ACTED Organization is pleased to announce the below job vacancy with the following details:
Position: Accountability Officer
Department: AME Unit
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Contract Duration: 6 months
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Beneficiary Complaints and Response Mechanism (CRM)
Establishment and Promotion of the CRM
- Establish, implement and monitor the beneficiary Complaints and Response Mechanism (CRM) for the country mission in line with ACTED standard beneficiary CRM procedures;
- Build capacity and understanding among ACTED staff, partners and contractors on beneficiary accountability and CRM;
- Accompany the AME and/or project teams to the field in order to spread awareness about the CRM to beneficiaries, as well as local authorities and stakeholders in ACTED’s areas of implementation, during field visits;
- Develop CRM IEC materials in a language that can be widely understood (including people with low levels of literacy);
- Regularly assess effectiveness of all information-sharing efforts and incorporate findings into revised approaches;
- Maintain records of CRM awareness raising and promotion activities (including approximate numbers of participants) and submit to Project Managers as required;
Implementation of the CRM
- Ensure the effective functioning of the beneficiary CRM and that beneficiary complaints/feedback is adequately captured, analyzed, addressed and responded to in a timely manner and utilized by the program and coordination teams;
- Receive complaints through telephone hotline, in writing and in person;
- Follow up on complaints received by other ACTED staff with the same diligence as complaints received through the CRM directly;
- Treat urgent and/or sensitive complaints with the immediate attention they require, and ensure a fast resolution;
- Maintain confidential and detailed records of all complaints in the CRM database and other electronic and hard copy filing systems, as appropriate;
- Respond to complaints objectively, accurately, and in line with ACTED guidelines, using information provided by Project Managers, AME Officers/Monitors, Area Coordinators, Technical Coordinators, project documents, FLAT documents and procedures, etc;
- Follow up on pending complaints with Project, AME, and Coordination staff;
- Analyse patterns and trends in complaints to help ACTED improve its programming;
- Produce a monthly analytic CRM report for ACTED staff, following ACTED template;
- Adapt and improve the CRM based on monitoring of its effectiveness.
- Provide regular and timely updates on progress and challenges to supervisors and other team members;
- Assist project and AME teams with other activities, as requested by immediate supervisor;
- Perform any other related activities as assigned by immediate supervisor.
Job Requirement (Qualification and Experience)
- Fluency in both Arabic and English (written and spoken) required.
- Experience with monitoring and evaluation of humanitarian programs in Yemen.
- Experience drafting tools for qualitative and quantitative data collection (e.g. focus group discussions, household surveys, market surveys).
- Experience coordinating data collection in the field.
- Experience analyzing qualitative and quantitative data.
- Experience in team and project management. Strong communication skills necessary (written and spoken).
- Ability to travel to field locations as necessary.
- Competence in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel. Experience using other statistical software or Open Data Kit or Kobo Toolbox preferred.
- Ability to operate in challenging environments requiring flexibility.
- Qualified candidates meeting the above requirements are requested to send an application comprising a detailed CV in English to: email@example.com
- PLEASE state in the subject line of the e-mail: “IBB–Accountability Officer” and rename your CV as “First/Last name + IBB - Accountability Officer”.
- The closing date for applications is on Monday 10th of December, 2018.
- Candidates from IBB are strongly encouraged to apply.
Contacting any ACTED staff member other than the contact details listed in regard to this job will result in disqualification