Ended Reproductive Health Team Leader
CARE International is currently seeking a Reproductive Health Team Leader. He/She responsible to provide strategic and technical support in design, implementation, monitoring evaluation and reporting of Reproductive Health (RH) programs in the assigned geographic areas.
Reproductive Health Team Leader
The Reproductive Health Team Leader will be responsible to provide strategic and technical support in design, implementation, monitoring evaluation and reporting of Reproductive Health (RH) programs in the assigned geographic areas. S/he will be required to regularly visit project sites to monitor and report on the quality of RH program interventions. The position holder will represent CARE in all sub cluster coordination forums, technical working groups and to liaise with relevant governmental sides (health of ministry offices) and various related NGO partners in the assigned geographic areas. He/she will also be required to provide support to both Emergency and Development interventions in line with CARE Yemen Country Office strategy. The Reproductive Health Team Leader will report directly to the Deputy Area Manager but will work closely with the Reproductive Health Advisor for technical support and guidance.
- Lead Reproductive Health Team Members (Reproductive Health Officers and Reproductive Health Field Officers) to develop winning and high level Reproductive Health Proposals
- Undertake and assist with assessment of local conditions resulting from emergency situations affecting people including determination of priorities for Reproductive Health interventions.
- Facilitate or undertake communication and liaison activities to actively consult and involve beneficiaries, key informants, actors, partners and stakeholders in all stages of Reproductive Health intervention’s design and implementation.
- Lead on data collection, assessments and proposal development for the sector.
- Working with the MEAL Department to endure proper Reproductive Health data recording in the CARE supported health facilities, support the compilation of data and generation of quality Reproductive Health reports on a regular and timely manner
- Lead on development of Reproductive Health strategy for target locations within Area Office mandate
- Lead the team to manage and implement Reproductive Health projects to ensure all project activities and budget are spent according to plan, budget, timeframe and quality.
- Lead in development of Reproductive Health implementations plans, ensuring activities are sequenced in a manner that meets beneficiary needs for maximum impacts.
- Ensure standards are consistently applied and activities implemented as per approved project designs.
- Supervise the Reproductive Health Officer/consultants(s) and other staff throughout the planning and implementation of the emergency response
- Work closely with program and support teams at field level in selection of suppliers/vendors undertaking Reproductive Health interventions/activities.
- Maintain auditable project documentation for all Reproductive Health activities at field level.
- Ensure timely completion and submission of monthly timesheets, probation reviews and annual performance reviews.
- Plan/coordinate and oversee staff work plans, work and vacation schedules and all staff training/development activities.
- Recruit national staff in conjunction with the Human Resources Department;
- Maintain updated job descriptions, conduct interviews, orient new staff to CARE and the Reproductive Health program;
- If/as required, identify staff performance issues and work with Human Resources to document and address these in accordance with the National Staff Employment Policies.
Monitoring and Reporting:
- Monitor and report on achievements of all Reproductive Health program targets (activities and indicators) in the assigned geographic area.
- Monitoring the progress of Reproductive Health projects from beginning to end.
- Timely submission of progress reports to relevant staff.
- Support in undertaking internal and inter –agency assessments and surveys. This will include conducting of assessments and providing inputs to reports.
- Ensure regular and timely reporting of problems, potential delays or risks to project implementation to the relevant supervisor, and support in the development and execution of solutions and mitigating actions.
- Implement recommendations from external evaluation of RH projects as well as technical recommendations from Reproductive Health advisor, Humanitarian Coordinator etc.
- Undertake field visits to monitor Reproductive Health programs and conduct periodic Programme reviews with staff and partners.
- Document lessons learnt from CARE and partner Reproductive Health programs and share with supervisor and Reproductive Health technical teams to ensure the accurate filing of project documentation.
- Assist in the review of all Reproductive Health related reports at field level.
- Assist in Reproductive Health advisors in regular key data collection and analysis, as well as the compilation of technical resources and lessons learned from the field.
- Represent CARE at all Reproductive Health cluster meetings, or any other Reproductive Health related meetings and events at field level.
- Foster, develop and maintain strong partnership relationships and regular contact with community committees, national and international NGOs, UN agencies, government officials, and other stakeholders working to serve as a network for obtaining and coordinating information and services to support RH interventions.
- Work closely and coordinate with CARE logistics, finance and grant departments to ensure timely implementation of program activities and expenditures; including active participation in grant opening/closing and review meetings as necessary.
- Ensure that information from coordination meetings is shared internally and with other sectors, as appropriate
- Work closely with the CARE’s Women Economic Empowerment, Protection, Gender and Inclusive Governance teams at the field level to implement holistic programming to meet the diverse and unique needs of women and girls; Promoting a culture of learning whereby lessons-learned and good practices are documented and shared for institutional memory.
- Provide on job training to Reproductive Health programs Officer’s /field Officers
- Provide project-level and field-level capacity building in the Reproductive Health for staff, implementing local partners, communities and relevant government officials.
- Serve as the main focal point in the field for CARE’s implementing partners in Reproductive Health sector; maintain respectful and constructive relations, and ensure regular meetings and ongoing coordination.
- Regularly monitor performance of the Partner to achieve the project’s set objectives; provide technical support and guidance; share relevant information and direction to improve quality and achieve timelines.
- Review partner’s financial and narrative submissions, including MEAL data; provide advice and guidance to improve accuracy and quality as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- University degree in Public Health or closely related fields.
- Post Graduate qualification in similar discipline
- Minimum 3 years proven experience in Reproductive Health programming.
- Relevant professional background reproductive health (RH).
- Good understanding of the linkages between Reproductive Health, public health, nutrition and Development.
- Highly motivated to work at community level.
- Proven Reproductive Health in Emergencies experience
- Good networking skills
- A good command of spoken and written English
- Intercultural sensibility.
- Demonstrate ability in supervision.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with all levels of staff and relevant stakeholders.
- Good computer skills in word and excel
- Advanced skills in project planning and monitoring
- Advanced knowledge of English (written and spoken) would be an asset
- Demonstrable commitment to gender-sensitive practices.
Interested applicants should send a CV and a cover letter (English) by 8th, Dec 2018 to YEMVacancyTaiz@care.org with the subject heading ‘Reproductive Health Team Leader’ – Taiz’. Please do not apply unless you meet minimum application requirements, otherwise you will not be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.