Ended Reproductive Health Field Officer
CARE International is currently seeking a Reproductive Health Field Officer. He/She is responsible to carry out field work in order to mobilize communities, monitor activities and provide support to project management and other team members for the effective and efficient implementation of the project’s activities.
Reproductive Health Field Officer
The Reproductive Health Field Officer reports to the Reproductive Health Officer. He/She is responsible to carry out field work in order to mobilize communities, monitor activities and provide support to project management and other team members for the effective and efficient implementation of the project’s activities. He/she will also be responsible for data collection, monitoring of local partners’ performance on the field level as well as reporting of activities.
Implementation and Monitoring Field Work:
- Collaborate with project team, local partners, local council and community leaders to support screening and registration teams to select the households/women targeted for Reproductive Health based on the agreed criteria.
- Form of community committees through close coordination with local council.
- Develop and maintain good relationships and lines of communication with relevant, local partner, local authorities and communities, explaining the nature of the project and liaising with them throughout the project.
- Guarantee community involvement at all phases of the project (implementation, monitoring, and evaluation) to ensure the development of community ownership for the project outputs.
- Work closely with other field officers and community representatives to identify the appropriate conditional work according to the community priorities.
- Work closely with other field officers, MEAL Assistant and community representative to identify the appropriate Reproductive Health awareness messages for the beneficiaries who are benefited from Reproductive Health activities.
- Report any variations or problems with implementation of activities (in regards to laborers, costs, schedules, technical matters, training attendance for beneficiaries and trainers) and any changes in the context to the Reproductive Health Officer, and Reproductive Health Team Leader to propose remedial actions as needed.
- With close coordination with distribution teams to distribute the Reproductive Health kits to the targeted households/women/health facilities as scheduled. Distribute any other items upon request and supporting the organization of distributions.
- Regularly, check up on the package of the determined kits components that will be received by target households/women/health facilities (the quality, quantity as agreed specifications).
- Gather the necessary project information and data.
- Implement and participate in different baseline assessments and monitoring studies.
- Document the project, field experiences and reflections
- Prepare periodical progress reports as requested about achieved activities, challenges and obstacles for remaining activities and suggested solutions and recommendations.
- Ensure transparent implementation of all field based activities and provides a conduit for suggestions and feedback from the communities to CARE management (Reproductive Health officer and Team Leader)
Capacity Building of Targeted Groups:
- Provide capacity building support to community communities, registration staff, distribution staff (and others as requested) and to encourage local management.
- Develop training material as needed.
- Prepare, coordinate and participate all in-house professional development activities, meetings and planning sessions
- Participate in activities relevant to project as per approval by Reproductive Health Team Leader.
Other Office duties:
- Develop and organize all data, files and documents
- Demonstrate gender sensitivity and show support and respect to all team members
- Responsible for the confidentiality and security of data, documents and resources
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s/Diploma degree in Public Health or related field.
- Experience in community mobilization and capacity building.
- 2-3 years community work experience, preferably related to the type of project.
- Very good level of English Language.
- Excellent skills in monitoring implementation of program activities.
- Able to travel to remote rural area including overnight staying.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Excellent communication verbally and in writing as well as inter-personal skills.
- Ability and willingness to travel regularly to field sites.
- Become conversant with the various generic tools such as assessment and survey techniques and questionnaires.
- Ability to identify potential problems before they occur. Proactive in preparation and uses initiative in response.
- Fluency in written and spoken Arabic, knowledge of English is desirable.
- Good computer skills.
- Demonstrable commitment to gender-sensitive practices.
Interested applicants should send a CV and a cover letter (English) by 6th, Dec 2018 to YEMVacancyTaiz@care.org with the subject heading ‘Reproductive Health Field Officer– Taiz’. Please do not apply unless you meet minimum application requirements, otherwise you will not be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.