Ended Security Officer
Security Officer - Ibb
The security officer will play a key role in building capacity at field level, and in the effective scale up and management of Save the Children emergency programmes to increase impact and enable positive change for children. The Security Officer will provide support on a range of tasks related the safety and security needs of staff and the programmes in the Duty station governorate where SCI has operations to maintain an effective security management system in accordance with Save the Children standards. He will work under the direction of Field Operation Manager and Area Manager.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Assess threat, risk, vulnerability and make recommendations to FOM, and AM to reduce staff exposure.
- Undertake safety and security assessments of program areas and potential program areas as requested by FOM, AM and SMT. Report on findings and design necessary improvements.
- Undertake field missions to the program areas and potential program areas whenever needed.
- Conduct award security risk assessment for new awards, be part of the proposal writing stage to ensure appropriate budgeting is accounted for Safety & Security in respect to the mitigation measures needed by the award risk assessment.
- Conduct any assessments (Road Assessment, Compound assessment) upon request.
- Undertake reviews of individual safety and security procedures and policies.
- Provide recommendations to SC staff to improve betters gain acceptance from and improve SCI image among host communities and local stakeholders.
- Prepare/maintain/update safety and security management plan (SSMP), Security Risk Analysis (SRA), Ensure all Safety & Security mitigation measures suggested in the SRA are implemented (Raise procurements requests).
- Ensure SCI standard for security, safety and telecommunication are met in accordance to SCI Safety & Security Key Performance Indicators (KPI).
- Develop security briefing materials for new staff and visitors. Provide security orientation/briefing for newly appointed SC staff and Ibb Office visitors.
- Ensure all SC staff understand and comply with incident reporting requirements and procedures. Follow-up as necessary re: issues related to reported incidents.
- Collect and disseminate incident report data – make sure that the right people are included in the dissemination
- Ensure that appropriate systems are in place to effectively disseminate safety and security information and updates of the security situation to SC staff.
- Submit a security update (to include situational analysis, actions taken, and actions recommended) to FOM, AM and SM on a regular basis.
- Ensure that regular safety and security meetings are conducted with relevant SC staff.
- Liaise with administration and logistics offices re: vehicle movement and facility safety and security. Ensure established standards and procedures are followed
- Assess communications needs and recommend improvements – technological aspect to make sure that all equipment are working and in good condition such as set satellite phones, etc
- Represent SCI at interagency safety and security forums.
- Liaise with INGOs, UN, government, and community leaders in the process of gathering and verifying safety and security information on a regular basis.
- Act as the Control Room Focal Point and take up all roles and responsibilities assigned as per Control Room SOPs and Policies. Assure all Control Room SOPs and requirements are followed by all staff.
- Conduct technical trainings for guards and drivers; as per training plan.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience of working with NGOs in programming, logistics or security management are preferred, but other areas would be considered
- Have Experience in working at Control Room, and skilled in Navigation and Tracking Systems.
- A Bachelor Degree in Development and/or Humanitarianism, Social Sciences, Security Management or Journalism
- Native Arabic speaker and advanced English language skills a necessity.
- Skilled in the use of all MS Office applications and in particular excel.
- Excellent communication skills and an enthusiasm to learn
- Ability to develop and implement successful training sessions;
- Ability to be flexible and work well under pressure in a fast-paced team environment:
- Experience of liaising and negotiating with state and non-state actors
- Full understanding of the security context in Yemen generally; but Ibb, SCI Central & North Operational parts of country in particularly.
We are looking for both men and women from Yemen with enthusiasm and commitment to improve the protection and promotion of the rights of all children in Yemen
All applicants will be subject to Save the Children’s Child safe guardian Policy and Reference Checking Process.
Qualified and interested applicants should send their CVs to: email@example.com
The deadline for receiving applications is 06/12/2018.