Ended ICT Officer
Job Title: ICT “Information and Communication Technology” Officer
Duty Station: Aden
Current Employee: N/A
International Medical Corps is a global, humanitarian, nonprofit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through health care training and relief and development programs. International Medical Corps is implementing an integrated Health, Nutrition and WASH program in Yemen.
Provide IT support in Installing, maintaining systems for communications’ software and hardware according to IMC standards and policies, support users in order to ensure the efficient use of ICT systems, data back-ups and data protection, training and support to IMC staff as required in the mission including hardware/software remote troubleshooting, implementation, monitoring and ensure regular maintenance for the computers and all IMC devices.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Analyze the ICT needs of the mission, draw up a draft of the ICT budget, and design an adapted strategy aiming to optimize the investment on information and communication technology with the support of the Logistics manager.
- Ensure the quality of equipment, software and internet providers/services meets the needs of the organization while creating and maintaining contact with network of ITC providers in order to ensure uninterrupted communications.
- Identify and implement Information management practices to enhance the mission system’s effectiveness and reliability (development, checkup, deployment of applications, systems or new ITC standards, etc.).
- Plan and provide network security to ensure that appropriate access control is used internally on the LAN/WLAN, and to prevent intrusions.
- Provide a 1st and 2nd level help desk management system (support) and training to users (on software, hardware, telecom problems, etc.) in order to satisfy their needs.
- ensure fluent communications in the mission as well as the correct use, maintenance and running of ICT equipment and networks.
- Provide corrective and preventive maintenance activities (checkup, cleaning, Backup etc.), managing and updating a small stock of spare parts and replacing obsolete materials when necessary of ICT environment according to IMC policies and procedures in place at any time.
- Ensure updating and upgrading activities in order to ensure that all the users and their equipment on the network are standardized with respect to virus protection, software, hardware and network configuration.
- Ensure questions and problems related to ICT are solved (if appropriate, according to IMC policies and procedures in force at any time). Register, reports and refer unsolved questions and problems, as well as unusual requests, to the respective support units in order to actively provide solutions and ensure quality standards.
- Ensures execution of security management protocols (backups, recommended anti-Virus updates and software patching; firewall protection; etc.) in order to ensure an immediate operational recovery/continuity in case of emergency and data security & availability and create a contingency plan together with Logistics Manager.
- User management. (Adding and deleting users from AD, working with emails, etc.)
- Monitor printers, copiers, and fax machines to make sure they are working properly and getting regular Maintenance
- Assist in research of new technologies and software that might be beneficial.
- Prepare a comprehensive monthly report of the IT occurrences to your supervisor copied to the line Manager.
Undertakes any other role as may be delegated by the line management in compliance with IMC policies
Reporting to: Head of Base
directly supervise: None.
· University degree in computer science/ IT related degrees.
· Good experience in networking and internet.
· At least 2-year experience in IT profession with INGOs.
· Good communication skills.
· Fluency in Arabic and English.
· Strong proficiency with various versions of Windows Operating Systems.
· Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office (including Outlook, Excel, and Word).
· Strong interpersonal and problem-solving abilities.
· Positive attitude and team mentality.
· Willing to travel throughout the country.
“International Medical Corps is proud to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability or status as a veteran.”
Candidates need to submit their CVs to IMC-AdenHR@InternationalMedicalCorps.org and need to “write the title & location of the position they apply for it” in the "email subject line"