Ended Fleet and Facility Officer
Action Contre la Faim is an International Humanitarian Organization which is private, non-political, non-denomination and non-profit making. Action Contre la Faim vocation is to save lives by combating hunger, disease and those crises threatening the lives of vulnerable men, women and children. Action Contre la Faim currently operates in 46 countries globally and conduct programs in nutrition, food security, health, water and sanitation.
FLEET AND FACILITY OFFICER
Assignment: To ensure the good management of the fleet, equipment and the compound with accordance to ACF KitLogV3.1 procedures, and guarantee the good respect of ACF charter rules and regulation
Objective 1: Fleet management:
- Supervise the maintenance of the fleet implementing the follow-up forms
- Ensure that vehicles are adequately equipped with the necessary safety and security tools.
- Follow the proper filling of the logbook and train the drivers on its usage.
- Ensure that all the maintenance/repair of the vehicles are done on time in liaison with the car rental provider.
- Monitor the vehicles fuel consumption on weekly basis.
- Ensure that the vehicles are using good quality of fuel from reliable providers.
- Supervise the management of the fuel stock, ensuring the contingency for minimum two months consumption is always in place for vehicles and the office generators.
- Prepare the monthly forecast for the vehicle’s needs.
Objective 2: Keep instant transportation means
- Plan the movements of vehicles
- Attribute the appropriate vehicles according to the planning established by the coordination team
- Identify transportation companies for ACF staff and goods movements inside Yemen.
- Identify reliable taxi drivers preferable speaking English.
- Asses the country transportation capacity
- Prepare and validate the payment of the local transportation.
Objective 3: Generators and power management
- Supervise the maintenance of the generators implementing the follow-up forms.
- Follow the proper filling of the logbook and train the security guards and Handy Man on its correct usage.
- Ensure the efficiency of the power supply in ACF compounds and that all the lamps are functioning.
- Monitor the generator’s fuel consumption
- Prepare the monthly forecast
- Asses the power capacity and anticipate the expected failures.
Objective 4: The compound management
- Ensure the water supply for the compound and other ACF facilities in the Aden base.
- Supervise the sanitary and the cleaning of the compound.
- Supervise the garden management.
- Ensure that all doors windows are in good working condition.
- Supervise the maintenance and the rehabilitation of the compound and warehouses.
Objective 5: Human Resources Management:
- Establish the work plan for the drivers and the Handyman.
- Train the drivers and ensure, provide technical support and that all drivers respect the traffic & the security rules.
- Plan the leave and identify replacement of the staff
- Carry out appraisal interviews for the department subordinates.
- Participate on the recruitment and disciplinary measure.
- Ensure that ACF charter, HR rules and regulation are strictly respected.
- To provide back-up for similar field position during the staff leave when defined.
- Follow up the drivers attendance and report any violation of rules and regulations.
Objective 6: Report:
- Prepare the base motor cost report
- Compile the base motor cost report (vehicles and generators) for Aden base and sub-bases.
- Assist the ICT and Equipment Manager to prepare the base consolidated equipment and the inventory list.
- Prepare the logistics monthly narrative report in areas of concern.
- Provide weekly activities report.
Objective 7: Others
- Any other task might be asked by the line manager according to the department workload.
Qulaifications and Experience
- University Degree/Diploma certification in mechanics, Civil Engineering or any related field with equivalent training preferred .
- 1-2 year professional experience in a related field .
- Team management and planning of activities
- Good organizational capacity
- Capable of writing reports
- Knows well the intervention area.
Qualified candidates meeting the above requirements are requested to send an application comprising a detailed CV and cover letter in English ( PDF , Word format ) , Clearly mention the position you have applied for in the subject while submitting your application, to firstname.lastname@example.org latest by 11th December. 2018. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.