Ended Field Monitor
Job Title Field Monitor
Location Taiz ( Maiwyah, )
Reporting to MEAL officer/assistant
International Medical Corps is a global humanitarian organization saving and rebuilding lives through health care, training and community development. International Medical Corps works alongside International Medical Corps Worldwide, responding to humanitarian emergencies and communities afflicted by conflict, poverty and natural disaster in more than 20 countries around the world.
The field monitors will be delivering on the programme monitoring component of the MEAL. The field monitors will frequently monitor the interventions in terms of both delivery and quality; real-time information is sent to respective field offices.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Ensure that all commodities transported to health facilities and other field distribution points are properly accounted for
• Scrutinize the GIOs, waybills and donation letters for commodities ensuring that the commodities are of correct quantities and quality as stated on the GIOs, waybills and donation letters. Immediately record all quantities delivered short (missing), quantities lost in transit and quantities damaged if any.
• Play active role in monitoring the beneficiary selection and registration activities, ensuring that the approved beneficiary selection criteria are properly followed.
• Report any inconsistencies and unfairness in the process of distribution of food, ensuring that beneficiaries receive their approved ration sizes.
• Actively monitor the water trucking to water points in both health facilities and at community level, ensuring that the contractual amounts are delivered.
• Report any exploitation acts, including receiving money from beneficiaries in return of IMC supported services.
• Conduct periodic check on the registration books and cross check with the monthly reports, follow up cards and other relevant documents.
• Conducted beneficiary’s satisfaction survey to community members who have been treated or utilizing supported services by IMC.
• Conduct random stock count to the supported commodities in the health facilities.
• Submit weekly reports on visit findings and gaps.
• Perform any other related duty that may be assigned you from time to time.
• Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse: Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within International Medical Corps and amongst beneficiaries served by International Medical Corps.
• Compliance & Ethics: Promotes and encourages a culture of compliance and ethics throughout International Medical Corps. As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of International Medical Corps’ and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity.
• The field monitor must be living in the community where IMC has operational activities.
• During mass activities i.e. campaigns, distribution of supplies, etc… the field workers will be asked to participate in these activities
• At least 1 year experience in the nutrition/health Activity (CMAM, SFP/OTP/SC preferred or IMCI/PHC,RH, care & feeding practices,...)
• Diploma in Health or Nutrition.
• Literate and able to read and write
• Lives in the district that IMC supports
• Honest with high integrity
• Have means of transportation – preferable
• Familiarity with relevant stakeholders at the field – local council, Sheiks, Imams etc..
• Good written and verbal communication skills
“International Medical Corps is proud to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability or status as a veteran.”
Candidates need to submit their CVs to IMC-TaizHR@internationalmedicalcorps.org and also need to write the title of the position they are applying for in the "email subject line"