Ended Information Management Assistant
Title: Information Management Assistant
Reports to: Information Management Specialist
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a private, independent, non-government organisation working with refugees, asylum seekers and other migrants. DRC Yemen operates within a broader regional context including the Middle East.
The Information Management Assistant ensures that DRC data sets are well organized. DRC programming such as Cash Assistance, ultimately produce a large volume of data, which needs careful recording, analysis and interpretation. Decision-making will rely on collected information to illustrate trends in the population. This will, for instance, allow for the disaggregation of data by selection criteria. Systems such as this will be administered by the DRC Database Assistant.
- Input data from vulnerability forms into the database correctly, and complete any incomplete data.
- File all checked and received hard copies of forms and files in to archive continuously.
- Keep files stored into the computer with a clear name and segregation.
- Enter data into the system as requested following the validation rules.
- Ensure reliability and quality of the database.
- Support in the sharing of data and information with counterparts and clusters as requested by the Information Management Specialist.
- Summarize the entered data in the form of a reporting template defined by the Information Management Specialist.
- Report daily progress email for the Information Management Specialist for the assigned tasks.
- Perform data manipulation, transformation and cleaning on datasets.
- Follow up with beneficiaries to collect additional information.
- Perform any other tasks such as translating, reply to emails and reporting.
- Any other duties as directed by the Information Management Specialist or/and MEAL Manger.
The Technical Coordinator supervises the position holder and he/she will be responsible for making sure that the project data is entered, processed and kept in a systematic manner. The position holder ensures separate database of each of the project activities.
Commitments: DRC has a Humanitarian Accountability Framework, outlining its global accountability committments. All staff are required to contribute to the achievement of this framework into the work of DRC (http://www.drc.dk/HAF.4265.0.html)
Education: University degree in information systems, computer science or relevant field.
Experience: 1-year experience in similar fields.
- Professional Skills required in IT systems such as MS Access Development.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Arabic;
- Demonstrable capacity for working effectively in a close, multi-disciplinary cooperative team environment.
Terms and Conditions
The proposed employment conditions are based on DRC policy and Yemeni labor law. The selected candidate shall perform his/her duties in compliance with the DRC Code of Conduct and procedures at all times
CVs of qualified candidates are invited at the below link by the 11th Dec, 2018. Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis, and based on urgency, DRC may fill the position prior to the closing date. Please name your CV before uploading the file. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Qualified women candidates are encouraged to apply.