Ended Field Assistants (5)
ACTED Organization Summary:
Since 1993, as an international non-governmental organization, ACTED has been committed to immediate humanitarian relief to support those in urgent need and protect people’s dignity, while co-creating longer term opportunities for sustainable growth and fulfilling people’s potential.
ACTED endeavors to respond to humanitarian crises and build resilience; promote inclusive and sustainable growth; co-construct effective governance and support the building of civil society worldwide by investing in people and their potential. ACTED is active in 37 countries and implements more than 450 projects a year reaching over 8 million beneficiaries with 400 international staff and 4,300 national staff.
ACTED has been present in Yemen since early 2012 and has been anchored to the governorates of Hodeidah, Raymah, Ibb, Ad-Dhalee, Saadah and Al Jawf.
Through its comprehensive programming ACTED has been covering the full continuum of emergency, rehabilitation and development in Yemen. Emergency activities have focused in the sectors of Agriculture & Food Security (e.g. distribution of crop seeds, and livestock), Economic Recovery and Market Systems (e.g. income-generating activities such as cash for work), and WASH (e.g. rehabilitation of water supply facilities, hygiene promotion). ACTED’s food security activities include distribution of food vouchers, which are a key component of ACTED’s interventions in the country.
ACTED Organization is pleased to announce the below job vacancy with the following details:
Position: Field Assistant (5)
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Contract Duration: 6 months
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct field activities such as community meetings, selection of beneficiary committees, selection of beneficiaries, activity or work site follow up and distributions; as assigned by the project officer;
- Assist in the training of beneficiaries if applicable, in coordination with project officers;
- Assist in office duties as needed such as the creation of activity-specific supportive documents (ID cards, attendance sheets, charts, etc.), beneficiary information cross checks with database and work planning;
- Follow field supervisor recommendations for program quality, communication with beneficiaries, workplace rules and security when on field visits;
- Promote and encourage the participation of female beneficiaries in assigned activities;
- Cooperate with AMEU department throughout project phases to ensure streamlined work and improvement of project activities.
- Ensure proper guidelines are followed and use the most up-to-date template for documents to be filled out in the field concerning beneficiary selection and replacement as well as beneficiary lists and promptly received by the field supervisor;
- Give attention to ideas and information from field visits, which may assist in future project ideas. Such information to be included in regular project reports to immediate supervisor;
- Send reports to direct supervisor twice monthly or as requested which include detailed and accurate data concerning all activities assigned as well as addresses progress, specific challenges and successes in the work;
- Ensure quality photos are taken in the field and be provided to the liaison assistant;
- Capture ACTED’s impact by conducting success stories from beneficiaries as directed by project officer.
- Report and clarify any work-related issues and challenges to supervisor in timely manner;
- Respect time including to work, meetings, deadlines and other reasonable requests from direct supervisor or Program Manager;
- Maintain a good team spirit amongst staff and colleagues;
- Commit to honest, quality work in the field;
- Carry out any other tasks as reasonably assigned by project manager;
- Consider safety and security in the field, and immediately report all incidents to the security focal point.
- Qualified candidates meeting the above requirements are requested to send an application comprising a detailed CV in English to: email@example.com
- PLEASE state in the subject line of the e-mail: “IBB–Field Assistant” and rename your CV as “First/Last name + IBB – Field Assistant”.
- The closing date for applications is on Wednesday 12th of December, 2018.
- Candidates from IBB are strongly encouraged to apply.
“Due to the urgency of this appointment, interviews would be on a rolling basis and candidates may be identified before the closing date”
Contacting any ACTED staff member other than the contact details listed in regard to this job will result in disqualification