Award Coordinator This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
ROLE PURPOSE: As a member of the Awards department, this position will be responsible for awards management and compliance of assigned grants. In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Field Manager
Staff reporting to this post: NON
Direct: Field manager
Indirect : Awards Manager CO.
Budget Responsibilities: N/A
Role Dimensions: Managing complex donor portfolio of Yemen and interacting with Operations, PDQ, Field awards staff to strengthen award process across country.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
As a member of the Grant Management and compliance Team, contribute to:
- Co-ordination and compliance of assigned grants and contractual requirements.
- Follow an organisational culture that reflects our values, promotes accountability and high performance and free up our people to deliver outstanding results for children and excellent customer service for our Members and donors
Budgeting, proposal development and contracting
- Posting and tracking of expenditure
- Match budget figures with narrative proposal and respective log frame
- Roll out strategy to mitigate grant related risk
- Follow and roll out Grant Scheme of Delegation
- Review of grant agreements to ensure that the terms and conditions are acceptable and practicable
- Post all grant agreements, budgets and amendments of assigned grants on the GMS for proper authorisation, and these are approved and circulated to appropriate staff, field offices
- Support budget holders in preparing their budgets in the system and related donor mapping.
- Prepare monthly monitoring reports for budget holders and SMT, including outturns, to ensure the effective use of approved budgets.
Grant management responsibilities:
- Efficient use of tools/reports along with finance department to facilitate budget monitoring
- Review of financial transactions of funds received and spent within the financial policies of SC.
- Coordinate with budget holders to Check, calculate and code to ensure correct posting and coding for the grants and in the event of a mistake, rectify it.
- Manage gains/losses for all the grants for those s/he responsible.
- Responsible to carry financial correspondence with implementing partners and sub offices.
- Preparation of timely and accurate financial reports for donors.
- Support Senior Managers in preparation of replying to queries of donors and HQ about grants related matters.
- Monitor of approved budgets if agreed with the Programme Manager(s).
- Support team in chasing of debts from donors.
- Filing of complete documentation of each grant
- Close out the ended grants in a timely manner
Support to Partners & Field office team
- Roll out sub-grant agreements and contracts clauses with Partners to ensure that they fulfil donor’s/legal requirements with subsequent financial monitoring
- Support team in assessment of Partner capacity to address all related risk.
- Establish good working relationship with all partners.
- Visit all projects to check that appropriate financial systems are in place and resolve financial matters, and produce visit reports with recommendations for the concerned budget holders and senior members of the team
- Support partners in building their capacity for efficient financial management.
- Monitoring accounts provided by partner agencies and assist in the preparation of budget for funding proposals.
- Review all financial reports submitted by SC partners for all projects.
- Report any financial irregularity to SMGC, GM & CD and PMO.
- Implementation of Auditor recommendations as soon as possible.
- Clarify queries from accounts (if any) for all his/her projects and clarify with relevant organisations.
- Disbursement of funds to partners and others concerned.
- Keep track of quarterly instalments made to partners and ensure all required reports are received before disbursing the funds.
- Conduct BHs and partners grant management training and refreshers
- Visit Field Offices, sub-offices and conduct trainings in grant compliance for all relevant staff in Yemen
- Facilitate audits as per HQ’s and donors ‘requirements.
- Implement auditor’s recommendations as soon as possible.
- Assist PM(s) and SMT in providing feedback for auditor’s report.
BEHAVIOURS (Values in Practice)
- • holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- • holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
• sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
• widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
• future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
• builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
• values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
• approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
• develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
• willing to take disciplined risks.
• honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
- Masters, MBA or Intermediate CA, ACMA, ACCA
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- At least 2 years’ of relevant finance and grants management experience
- Experience in developing user friendly tools for budget monitoring
- Willingness to work in emergency contexts and deployment on emergency programs as part of our commitment to dual mandate.
- A “Can do” and service oriented attitude
- Excellent management and communications skills
- Ability to work independently to a high professional standard
- Sensitive to the cultural & political environment
- Fluent spoken & written English language
Knowledge of Yemen context
Additional job responsibilities
As defined by Line Manager and Line Manager’s Manager
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
“Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer. Women are strongly encouraged to apply”
Employee Status: Fixed Term
Closing Date: Aug 14, 2022
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل
Other jobs from Save The Children
Policy, Advocacy, Campaign Director (Re-Advertised)Deadline:21 Aug | Sana'a
Child Protection CoordinatorDeadline:19 Aug | Ibb
Environmental and Social Safeguarding Officer (ESSO)Deadline:20 Aug | Ibb
Humanitarian Operations ManagerDeadline:18 Aug | Sana'a
Health & Nutrition Program ManagerDeadline:19 Aug | Hajjah