Ended Education Project Officer
Education Project Officer – Based in Taiz
The purpose of Education Project Officer Position is to support program Education/CP Program Manager in managing the implementation of education project and establishment and monitoring of temporary learning spaces as well as support the project assistant in day to day management of temporary learning spaces.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reporters : Education Project Assistant
Reports to: Education/CP Program Manager
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- With support from the Education Coordinator , develop, implement and monitor quarterly, monthly and weekly activity plans to achieve expected results. This includes planning of activities, budgets and procurement.
- Ensure that all planned activities are implemented on time, to quality measures and within budget as per the monthly plan. Where challenges arise, ensure that these are flagged early, communicated to the Education Coordinator and addressed in a timely manner way.
- Lead the preparation of all procurement and administrative documents required for program implementation.
- Provide support to Project assistant to support teachers and community to increase education service provision e.g. additional teaching spaces and catch up classes.
- Lead on planning and capacity building training workshops for teachers and other education actors.
- Support Project Assistant to disseminate information to communities (leaders, parents, etc.) About education issues and available services.
- Support Project assistant to establish learning spaces – design and location based on assessment data.
- Hold meetings with stakeholders including local councils and other organizations serving children and community to understand their education priorities familiarize them with the projects and its objectives and engage them in the process.
- Keep proper records of field expenditures when appropriate and report on these to the Program Coordinator
- Ensure that the Education program is implemented in ways that are responsive to communities and children, in line with SC’s principles, values and strategic plan and compliant with SC’s procedures.
Staff supervision and mentorship
- Supervise and mentor the Project Assistant ensuring that they are empowered to achieve their performance objectives and program results
- Gain technical knowledge on education and other relevant areas so as to provide support and trainings to the Project assistant, teachers and community members to maintain the standards and improve the quality of project activities.
- Comply with Save the Children policies and practice with respect to child protection, code of conduct, health and safety, equal opportunities and other relevant policies and procedures relevant policies and procedures.
BEHAVIOURS (Values in Practice)
- holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
- sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
- widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
- builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
- values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
- develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- willing to take disciplined risks.
- honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- College qualification and minimum of three years professional experience with INGO , NOG supporting Education Program
- Demonstrated commitment to improving the lives of children in the school and community.
- Strong understanding of the contextual situation related to education.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Proven technical knowledge and skills in the field of participatory development, child participation, education.
- Ability to travel independently, including to rural communities and work long hours.
- Strong verbal and written English skills and in the local language
- Strong interpersonal skills the ability to work collaboratively with others
- Strong reporting skills
- Good computer skills (MS Office, including Outlook for email)
- Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children’s aims, values and principles including rights-based approaches
- Background in Emergency programming is an asset.
Additional job responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
We are looking for both men and women from Yemen with enthusiasm and commitment to improve the protection and promotion of the rights of all children in Yemen.
All applicants will be subject to Save the Children’s Child safe guarding Policy and Reference Checking Process.
Interested candidates should apply via Education Project Officer Application form
The deadline for receiving applications is 6/12/2018
Note: please send with your CV, the reference Request form which you could down load it form the link bellow: