Project Officer This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
TITLE: Project Officer
PLACE: Yemen – based in Mokha
Handicap International is an independent and impartial international aid organisation working in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflict and disaster. Working alongside persons with disabilities and other vulnerable groups, our action and testimony are focused on responding to their essential needs, improving their living conditions and promoting respect for their dignity and their fundamental rights.
Handicap International is a not-for-profit organization with no religious or political affiliation. It operates as a federation made up of a network of associations that provide it with human and financial resources, manage its projects and implement its actions and social mission. For more details on the association: http://www.handicap-international.fr/en/s/index.html
GLOBAL OBJECTIVE OF THE POSITION
Under the line management of the Project Manager, the Project Officer will support the Project Manager in the implementation of all project activities, the reporting and the management of the project team
Line manager: Project Manager
Line manager+1: Area Manager
Team Managed: Project field team (10 – 13 direct reports)
In collaboration with the PM, daily organization and supervision of the project activities
- Responsible for the planning of the team on the field each week
- Transmission of the weekly planning every week to the project manager
- Responsible for the availability of the materials of the team for the field activities
- Participation in required recruitment for field team roles
- Continuously monitor any changes in the current crisis , work with teams to identify potential solutions and report all relevant information to Health Project Manager and Technical Advisors so a joint decision can be taken to modify activities to better meet identified needs and to reach planned indicators.
- With the team, help ensure beneficiary identification, support and follow-up tools are relevant and utilized
Supervise team activities and help ensure the quality of these:
- Animation of the daily meetings with the psychosocial workers, physiotherapists and TO
- Organize teams to run identification, analysis, assessment of the beneficiaries, rehabilitation cares, psychosocial support… and make good assessment of specific and basic needs of the beneficiaries
- Ensure a quality analysis of needs identified by the teams
- Checking of assessment forms with the team and compilation of data as required
- Participate in trainings and provide trainings as required
- Ensure that donations certificates are provided for all the donations
- Ensure the donations are made according to the strategy (quality and quantity) and the needs identified
- Provide daily guidance and support to the teams under his direct supervision
- Ensure the proper understanding by the teams of the tasks they should carry out and the objectives to reach
- Identify and share with the Project manager the need of capacity building of his team members
- Participate with the the Project Manager for the organisation of essential capacity building activities the project team under his direct supervision
- Ensure that operational, administrative & logictics procedures are respected by his team members (such as respect of working hours, respect of the use of the material allocated to the team, leave policies…)
- Prepare and conduct regular performance management/review of staff directly managed as per HI’s policies
- Help to ensure the respect of hierarchical links and communication channels within his team and other staff
- Encourage good communication between all members of the team
Liaison with Field Technical Advisors
- Support the Project Manager with the links with colleagues in and other departments as relevant
- Work in close relationship with the TAs on technical aspects (challenges, “difficult” cases, review of the intervention modality, strategy…), on a regular basis
Follow up Human Resources and logistics
- In direct link with Project Manager, and with the administration, have a global view on HR needs and issues for the team and activities be able to refer when needed
- Identify any training needs of the field teams and relay these needs to the relevant Technical Officers and where relevant, support the Technical Officers to implement appropriate trainings
- Work with the logistics department to organize efficient distribution for all items to be distributed to beneficiaries
Monitoring and Reporting
- Ensure all field teams are making appropriate records of their activities with beneficiaries (beneficiary assessment and follow-up forms, referral forms, donation certificates, etc), and link this information with the data/monitoring in a timely manner
- Ensure regular monitoring and reporting of the activities of the field teams for quality and efficiency and ensure appropriate response to the identified needs, with the Project Manager
- Support the field teams to correctly complete all the required reporting (statistics, field activity reports, etc.)
- Write regular (weekly, monthly) reports on activities and progress towards indicators as required
Case management meetings
- Participate in multidisciplinary case management meetings between Physiotherapists and Psychosocial workers.
- Within the meeting propose the different possibilities of orientation
- Respect beneficiary confidentiality.
- Respect and promote HI’s Policies and report to your line manager any non-respect of HI’s policies amongst the teams or partners.
- Report any incident or act that causes any harm to beneficiary or to others.
- Always interact with children with the presence of their parents or caregivers
- Always respect a refusal of treatment.
- Respect each team member’s positions, work, and specialty
- Distribute the specific items when needed (stock request, distribution planning, donation certificate, reporting on the donations made during the week)
Note that this job description must remain flexible, to respond to additional tasks or changes as identified by the line manager.
- University degree or equivalent
- Degree in international development, , health or business is an asset
Experience (type and length of experience) :
- Minimum 1 year of professional experience
- Previous experience with local or international NGO is an asset
- Experience in clinical management/quality
Competencies (knowledge, skills required for the job, (see skills repository) :
- Skills in developing training and providing coaching for capacity building
- Ability to develop information material
- Analytical skills
- Ability to work with partners, civil society organizations or public authorities
- Skills in users centered approach and center based rehabilitation
- Knowledge of referrals mechanisms
- Professional English level
- Experience in working with vulnerable groups
- Knowledge of project management cycle is asset
- Fluent in English is a strong asset
Personal qualities :
- Ability to respect deadline and work under pressure
- Very positive personality, with strong orientation towards solutions
- Adaptability, flexibility
- Autonomy in work
- Excellent communication skills Proactive, solution maker, strongly positive, constructive and dynamic personality
- The salary will be defined according to HI’s existing salary scale
- Based in Mocha, with frequent movements to the field
- 30 day leave/year + benefits (transport allowance, health insurance, life insurance)
- The working hours are the following: 8:00 to 16:30 (with 30 minutes lunch break) from Sunday to Thursday.
- Note that working time can go up to 48 hours per week (according to the Yemen labor law) if it is required by the volume of activities and by the line manager.
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل