Ended CP Project Officer
Child protection Project Officer – Based in Taiz
The Project Officer oversees and technically supports the direct implementation of Child protection project in Taiz
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Education & Child protection Program Manager
Reporting to: project assistants/ Social Workers
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- With the support of the Child protection program Coordinator, oversee the technical implementation of the Child protection Project in Taiz and ensure the timely delivery of the project activities with Quality.
- Develop weekly and monthly work plan for CP project Taiz and support the assistants in preparing individual weekly work plans and review his/her performance on weekly and monthly basis.
- Actively contribute to the planning of field visits and supervision checklists in advance of trips and report back to the program Coordinator.
- In collaboration with the Child protection Project Coordinator develops detail implementation plan and ensure that project is being implemented according to budget, time and quality indicators of Save the Children SC.
- Ensure that activities are appropriately planned and that delays and constraints are documented and solutions identified.
- With the support of the program Coordinator prepare monthly cash forecasting for the project
- Develop weekly transportation plans, prepare and follow-up Procurement Requests for trainings and procurement.
- Responsible Child protection project delivery, including the day-to-day management of project site activities and volunteers.
- Support the direct implementation of the project activities technically such as the training of Volunteers, CPCs and CLCs and, SWs Volunteers and CM activities including the distribution the different materials to CM.
- Conduct the relevant technical assessment to assess the capacity of the Volunteers in the targeted Location and design capacity building program accordingly and provide necessary technical training and develop appropriate technical guidelines and materials.
- Ensure activities are completed within time and report any concerns to the Child protection Project Coordinator.
- Conduct regular visits to project sites to provide technical guidance/support and identify issues that need timely action and support at different levels
- Identify and report challenges to remove any obstacles that might arise during project implementation and communicate these challenges to the Child protection program Coordinator.
- Input in monthly activity reports as well as in stock consumption/inventory, and distribution plan
- With the support of CPs and SWs, coordinate with relevant local authorities, MOSAL, community leaders, and other relevant key stakeholders such as local NGOs, community based organizations in the implementation of the Child protection project in Taiz.
- In collaboration with all relevant Volunteers, CPAs, SWs, and all stakeholders engage with children and adolescents to effectively monitor the implementation and impact of the CP programme on children’s issues, including issues of MRM and quality according to children’s needs
- Coordination with other SC sectors for programs integrations.
Supervise and Manage Staff
- Provide technical and operational support to the project assistants and SWs staff/volunteers
- When requested, conduct a training for the staff according to the need in related in topics.
- Ensure Volunteers understanding of Child Safeguarding policy and report any concerns.
Monitoring, Evaluation and Accountability and Quality
With support from the MEAL team and the Project Coordinator
- Implement M&E systems in the project site s/he is responsible for, and ensure that the agreed tools are used properly.
- Conduct regular field monitoring visits according to requirements and plans then report back with the findings to the Project Manager.
- Conduct QLE assessments and report back to the Project Coordinator
- Actively monitor Child protection activities at targeted location, ensuring quality of Save the Children’s programme, reporting and flagging concerns to CPC
- Ensure that communities are regularly involved in all phases of the programming
- Comply with Save the Children policies and practice with respect to child protection, code of conduct, health and safety, equal opportunities and other relevant policies and procedures relevant policies and procedures.
BEHAVIOURS (Values in Practice)
- holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
- sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
- widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
- builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
- values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
- develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- willing to take disciplined risks.
- honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Qualified Education professional with experience for at least 3 years in implementing Education programs (preferably in an Emergency field).
- Teaching/Training skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Capacity to work with a team.
- Capacity to work under pressure.
- Computer skills in word and excel
- Commitment to the aims and principles of Save the Children. In particular, a good understanding of the Save the Children mandate and child focus and an ability to ensure this continues to underpin our support
- Good English language skills
- Background in Emergency programming is an asset.
Additional job responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
We are looking for both men and women from Yemen with enthusiasm and commitment to improve the protection and promotion of the rights of all children in Yemen.
All applicants will be subject to Save the Children’s Child safe guarding Policy and Reference Checking Process.
Interested candidates should apply via Child Protection Project Officer Application form
The deadline for receiving applications is 6/12/2018
Note: please send with your CV, the reference Request form which you could down load it form the link bellow: