Ended Child Protection Assistant
Child Protection Assistant – Based in Taiz
She/He will be responsible on following up the community protection monitors and reporting of protection concerns from the field. s/he will be expected to coordinate for the activities conducted in the community. They will further play key logistical role in the planning of all training sessions and coordination of activities.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: child protection project Officer
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Assisting Child Protection Officer in the planning, development and implementation of child protection activities
- Monitor child protection activities that are implemented through volunteers including conduct weekly meeting with them and raise a report.
- Preparing monthly plan within Volunteers, Child Protection Committees and Child Lead Culps and share them with Child Protection Officer to prepare Procurement plan, Purchas Requests or project’s activities.
- Support SC trained volunteers in the implementation of child protection activities.
- Conduct child protection awareness activities for parents and community leaders.
- Conduct child protection training package for the community volunteers.
- Preparing and submitting regularly weekly plan and report to CPO.
- Archived and documented all the project's documents such as attendances sheets, official documents, Contracts, SG, PRs, Pos..ext on soft and hard.
- Support and prepare administrative tasks such as preparing Purchase Requests within following up.
- Prepare reports for the supervisor with statistical and narrative information against progress of the protection programming in the targeted communities
- Work in close collaboration with other SC staff (Health, Wash, Education, etc.) in the targeted areas – develop joint work plans.
- Follow up on the community volunteers to couch and support to implement the CP activities.
- Any other duties as required.
- Comply with Save the Children policies and practice with respect to child protection, code of conduct, health and safety, equal opportunities and other relevant policies and procedures relevant policies and procedures.
BEHAVIOURS (Values in Practice)
- holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
- sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
- widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
- builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
- values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
- develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- willing to take disciplined risks.
- honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- College degree preferable in Education
- Teaching/training experience
- Good Communication and interpersonal skills Ability to deal with children
- Understanding of community development
- Computer skills
- Good monitoring and reporting skills.
- Background in Emergency programming is an asset.
Additional job responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
We are looking for both men and women from Yemen with enthusiasm and commitment to improve the protection and promotion of the rights of all children in Yemen.
All applicants will be subject to Save the Children’s Child safe guarding Policy and Reference Checking Process.
Interested candidates should apply via CP Assistant Application form
The deadline for receiving applications is 6/12/2018
Note: please send with your CV, the reference Request form which you could down load it form the link bellow: