Ended Team Leader - Finance
Title: Team Leader - Finance
Location: DRC Yemen - South Area
Line Manager Support Service Manager – South Area
Technical Manager Finance Country Manager
Background and purpose
DRC began working in Yemen in 2008 in response to the mixed migration flows from the Horn of Africa. Since then it expanded its sectors of intervention and is now providing humanitarian assistance throughout the country. DDG Yemen was established in January 2012 as a response to the fighting and displacement in the country. Current programmes include Protection, Emergency assistance (Rapid Response Mechanism (RRM), Non-Food Items (NFI)) Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) and Shelter distribution, Food Security and Livelihoods (FSL), and Humanitarian Mine Action (HMA) and are mainly focused on Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs) and Host Communities affected by the ongoing conflict.
Overall purpose of the role
Provides coordinated and strategic leadership for all support functions (Supply Chain, Human Resources/Administration, Finance) and ensuring the smooth running of all support functions to meet the programme needs in line with the DRC-DDG Operations Handbook and national laws and regulations.
Geographic scope: Area (South)
This role has an area focus and ensures compliance to DRC-DDG procedures and guidelines within the area. The role contributes to the development of area strategies, which are translated into action plans and day-to-day tasks. The role provides support and/or technical guidance to base operations.
- Ensure high quality of financial supporting documentation for integrity, accuracy and completeness.
- Ensure that bank and cash payments and receipts are processed in a timely manner within the agreed timeframe of minimum 1 days after receipt of complete documentation and maximum 2 days after receipt of complete documentation.
- Ensures that financial transactions are processed in accordance with DRC policies, procedures and standards.
- Ensures that financial transactions are accurately recorded in the cashbook in a timely manner.
- Ensures that financial transactions are accompanied by appropriate and relevant supporting documentation dully signed and authorized by relevant Program Manager / budget holder.
- Ensure that finance function is working properly in the south offices.
- Ensures that financial records, both paper and electronic formats, are up to date, filed in and orderly manner, kept securely, and easily retrievable.
- Monitor that there is a complete and accurate record of all petty cash transactions and maintained properly.
- Ensures that cash is counted, reconciled with cashbook balance, recorded on the cash count form, and dually signed and authorized on daily basis.
- Ensures that bank statements are reconciled and dully signed and authorized periodically or as and when required.
- Responsible to send mid-month& end month cashbooks of south offices to country office in a timely manner and as agreed deadlines for review and further processing.
- Participates in development of budgets for the south area.
- Responsible for the reconciliation of the Xes for Admin project.
- Assists in financial audits as and when required.
- Manage the finance team in Aden office and technical management for south field offices.
- To work closely with the other support functions in the south Offices.
- Responsible to update the south Master budget in consultation with the SSM & AM.
- Perform any other tasks as required from the line Manager
CVs of qualified candidates are invited at the below link by the 20th Dec, 2018. Please name your CV before uploading the file. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Qualified women candidates are highly encouraged to apply.