Ended Community Mobilizer
Job Title: Community Mobilizer
Reports To: Senior community mobilizer
Location: Aden, Abyan, Lahj
FMF is implementing "Yemen Communities Stronger Together (YCST) program" in order to leave behind stronger, more cohesive and resilient partner communities in Aden, Lahj, Abyan for a duration of 12 months. This goal will be achieved by working through building the capacity of Community Enhancement Teams, municipalities/local governments, and Community Based Organizations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To mobilize communities and NGOs to identify and meet community needs.
- Assist in the overall implementation the program.
- Assist in the identification of communities in the targeted Governorates.
- Mapping of targeted communities to identify volunteers, community leaders, leading NGOs and businesses, schools, health centers, youth centers and governmental institutions and other assets.
- To identify and follow up with other partners / stakeholders to address community needs.
- Assist in organizing and facilitating community meetings in each of the targeted communities
- Assist in the design process of implementation and follow up of community projects.
- Assist prospective grantees in preparing responsive applications
- Organize and facilitate capacity building interventions
- Attend meetings with partners and stakeholders in the targeted communities.
- Maintain and prepare photos and reports on all sessions, meetings and site visits
- Maintain a good relationship with the government institutions and municipalities.
- Submit and update required reports by the deadlines;
- Participate and engage in any trainings and meetings as requested by supervisor;
- Work with gender team to ensure effective integration and mainstreaming of gender into all program activities.
- Any other tasks assigned by supervisor
- Excellent communication and engagement skills (both verbal and written) with an operational knowledge of Microsoft office.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and time management.
- Ability to maintain the highest degree of discretion
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Degree in Sociology, Social Work or any related field, with significant course components in either community development, social work, communications, or post-secondary education and training with significant prior experience.
- 1 years’ experience in community development and/or mobilization preferably with an international organization.
- Ability to communicate and respond in English is required.
Applicants should send a CV and covering letter, both in English, to Field Medical Foundation ( email@example.com ) with the title of the position you are applying for in the title of email.